Full-Time 1790 Museum Supervisor, Mill City Museum
JOB TITLE: #1780 Museum Supervisor, Mill City Museum
LOCATION: Mill City Museum, 704 South 2nd St., Mpls, MN 55401
COMPENSATION: $22.81 hourly minimum (approximately $47,440.00 annual) commensurate with experience
STATUS & HOURS: Full-time, regular (approximately 2,080 annual hours) position.
BENEFITS: Eligible to participate in the State Employee Group Insurance Program and a retirement program with employer contribution. Generous vacation and sick time accruals with additional paid holidays.
POSTING DATE: May 1, 2023
DEADLINE DATE: Extended: Open until filled
TO APPLY: Interested applicants must apply online at the Minnesota Historical Society’s career center at www.mnhs.org/jobs and include a resume and cover letter by the application deadline date.
INTERVIEWS: Interviews will be held on May 30, 2023 and May 31, 2023
DESCRIPTION: This position exists to provide direct supervision for assigned museum interpretive staff and to coordinate daily operations of the Mill City Museum gallery.
SUMMARY OF WORK: 1) Provide direct supervision of interpretive staff; 2) Coordinate the daily operations of Mill City Museum; 3) Hire and train interpretive staff in collaboration with other museum leadership; 4) Coordinate gallery volunteer program; and 5) Participate in the short and long term planning for Mill City Museum.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience with strong human relations, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Experience leading daily operations or programs of a museum or similar facility.
- Ability to hire, train, coach, and supervise both paid and volunteer staff.
- Strong customer service background.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Demonstrated ability to think imaginatively and problem solve quickly and independently.
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse audiences of varying cultural backgrounds, ages, and abilities in a customer service environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to bend, crouch, kneel, reach, push, and pull.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Post high school education or equivalent such as some coursework in history, education, theater or a related field.
- Previous experience supervising in a union environment.
- Knowledge of informal learning theories and experience with interpretive methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of Minnesota/Minneapolis history and cultural diversity issues.
- Knowledge of the policies and procedures of the Minnesota Historical Society.
- Understanding of safety, security and emergency procedures.
- Knowledge of Mill City Museum facilities and operations.
- Demonstrated comfort level in working with technology as may be related to museum operations, program delivery, and communications.
Should you have questions with the application process, email hu************@mn**.org.
At MNHS, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our products and services, and our community. The Minnesota Historical Society believes that an inclusive culture among our team members is critical to our success as a historical society and museum, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Minnesota Historical Society is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and employer.
How to ApplyApply online with a cover letter and resume at www.mnhs.org/jobs.
50 total views, 1 today