Senior Site Reliability EngineerMediavine – Posted by Mediavine
DescriptionWe're looking to add a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to help lead our Operations team at Mediavine. If you've got expert-level AWS experience and you love thinking about ways to streamline processes and build infrastructure as code, we'd love to have a conversation with you!
About MediavineMediavine is a fast-growing advertising management company representing over 7500 websites in the food, lifestyle, DIY, and entertainment space. Founded by content creators, for content creators, Mediavine is a Top 20 Comscore property, exclusively reaching over 125 million monthly unique visitors. With best-in-class technology and a commitment to traffic quality and brand safety, we ensure optimal performance for our creators.
Mission & CultureWe help content creators build sustainable businesses. From educational tools and cutting-edge plugins to ad technology that maximizes earnings without slowing down your site, our motivation is ensuring your brand and business grow in every respect. We are striving to build an inclusive and diverse team of highly talented individuals that reflects the industries we serve and the world we live in. We are committed to creating a culture where everyone feels welcomed. We are looking for individuals that will challenge us to continuously evolve and make Mediavine the employer of choice for people of all backgrounds. We strongly encourage minorities and individuals from underrepresented groups in technology to apply for this position. Diversity and inclusion aren't platitudes to us; we take them seriously. Have a look at our team and read through our blog posts to learn more about our values and to discover if Mediavine is the place for you!
Position Title & Overview:As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer at Mediavine, you will be laying the groundwork for a growing Operations department. You'll be working with our existing SREs to make decisions about our infrastructure, optimizing the performance and availability of our services, and developing guiding principles for a healthy and knowledgeable team of SREs.
- Building software and systems to manage our infrastructure and applications, including: monitoring and detecting problems related to high usage, slow response times, and database failures.
- The availability, performance, security, monitoring, documentation, and incidence response of the applications and services that our company runs and owns.
- Capacity planning (new product launches, high traffic seasons or holidays, etc).
- Mentor and train other SREs on the team as the need arises.
- Work with Product to understand useful metrics and alerts for each of our products.
- Develop requirements for any services or applications that go to Production.
- Prepare incidence documentation and host post-mortem meetings with any related engineers and stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain a runbook.
- Create self-healing scripts where possible, to automate recovery tasks.
- Create deployment and rollback processes.
- Help develop on-call rotations for our products and services.
- Must currently live in the United States.
- AWS expertise.
- Experience migrating application servers and databases to AWS.
- Minimum of 5+ years experience running large-scale customer-facing web services.
- Experience with building & maintaining complex, scalable, and distributed systems.
- A knack for spotting potential problems, performance bottlenecks, and areas for improvement.
- Experience leading or mentoring other engineers.
- Experience with CI/CD orchestration tools. (CircleCI, AWS CodePipeline etc.)
- Experience with container technologies. (Kubernetes, Docker, AWS Fargate, AWS ECS).
- Experience with and knowledge of disaster recovery processes.
- Availability for 24 hour on-call rotation for service related issues.
- Comfortable mentoring and working closely with other SREs.
- Remote work environment.
- Travel opportunities (remember those?!)
- Comprehensive benefits including 401k, Health, Dental, and Vision insurance.
- Learning allowance.
- Generous Vacation/Time off policies.
- Additional side benefits such as home-office upgrades, tuition reimbursement, paid gym memberships and wellness retreats, upgraded flights, cool swag and more.
- Company match charitable donations.
- Salary: $185-200k
- Date Posted
- 22 Jan 2021
Fetching Careerjet Job Listings
Fetching Indeed Job Listings