Full-Time Manager, Revenue Accounting
The Manager of Revenue Accounting is a key member of the global revenue accounting team and is responsible for managing day-to-day operations of the revenue accounting team in Durham and the UK. Reporting to the Director of Revenue Accounting, the Manager of Revenue Accounting is responsible for actively managing and improving the monthly close process and providing day-to-day and longer-term strategic leadership to a team of accounting professionals. This role will bridge time-zones with the UK and the Seattle revenue teams, helping develop and enhance accounting policies, procedures, reporting controls and financial compliance.
***We’re opening this role to candidates located in commuting distance from our Durham, NC office as this will be a hybrid role***
Duties and responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Key contributor to the worldwide revenue close process, including internal reporting, and analysis
- Develop, enhance, and automate accounting policies and processes for new product releases and products acquired through M&A activity
- Evaluate significant and non-standard contracts for compliance with ASC 606
- Strong partner with all areas involved in the revenue process, including order management, integrations, billings, collections, and information technology
- Prepare year-end audit schedules, interact and provide details for testing to both internal and external auditors, and resolve any issues identified effectively and efficiently relating to both the US Financial Statement and UK Statutory audits
- Review high quality workpapers, and document processes and templates to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Work closely with the Accounting team to monitor effectiveness of internal controls related to compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley
- Mentor and coach the revenue accounting team
Our preferred candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or master’s degree in accounting preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) credential preferred, public company experience desired
- Minimum 6 years work experience, preferably in the technology sector, with prior management responsibility
- Experience with NetSuite Advanced Revenue Management, and/or SaaS revenue recognition experience
- Advanced knowledge of technical GAAP and SEC reporting requirements; including expertise in ASC 606 revenue recognition
- A solid understanding of the concepts of internal control design and operational effectiveness
- Strong written and oral communication skills; must be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management
- Superior organizational and process management complemented by strong attention to detail
- Advanced time-management skills to handle multiple deliverables simultaneously in a fast-paced, high-growth and rapidly changing environment spanning multiple countries.
- Proven ability to learn complex processes quickly and take on new tasks including leading projects, while also managing recurring functions.
- Great problem solving and analytical skill to analyze information, draw conclusions and develop actionable recommendations.
- Capacity to promote ideas persuasively and influence without direct authority; work through conflicts, while building strong working relationships.
How to Applyhttps://careersnoa-avalara.icims.com/jobs/11323/manager%2c-revenue-accounting/job?mode=view&mobile=false&width=741&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-300&jun1offset=-240
53 total views, 1 today