Full-Time Data Strategist
Founded in 1936, the National Wildlife Federation is America’s largest and most trusted grassroots conservation organization with 52 state/territorial affiliates and more than six million members and supporters, including hunters, anglers, gardeners, birders, hikers, campers, paddlers, and outdoor enthusiasts of all stripes. The Federation’s mission is to unite all Americans to ensure wildlife thrive in our rapidly changing world through programming focused on conserving wildlife, restoring habitats and waterways, expanding outdoor opportunities, connecting children with nature, and addressing the causes and consequences of climate change.
Our strategic plan recognizes that in order to implement the lofty goal of increasing wildlife populations within a generation, we must aggressively and strategically engage and expand the number of people aware of the wildlife crisis, taking action, and donating to the work. To that end, the National Wildlife Federation seeks a Data Strategist to join the Strategic Business Operations Team at Headquarters located in Reston, VA. Due to COVID-19 all employees are working remotely until we make return to work decisions).
The Data Strategist is directly responsible for functional data tasks that support the National Wildlife Federation’s growing analytical and data operations to fulfill the strategic vision to increase wildlife populations in the United States. The ideal candidate is a critical thinker and a strong communicator with experience in conceptualizing, researching, extracting, manipulating, and interpreting data sets and is able to leverage insights to support action, engagement and fundraising.
In this role you will:
- Create and maintain sustainable reports to monitor cross channel engagement trends in social listening, One Federation demographics, advocacy/philanthropic campaign results, and engagement overlap reports. Work with fundraisers and program staff to interpret the data and edit reports to answer strategy questions quickly and with actionable insight to increase revenue and action.
- Manage large data research and analysis projects that use the entire breadth of Supporter or public data assets available.
- Mine NWF’s vast data assets to analyze supporter participation such as seasonality reports, supporter origin and timeline reports.
- Coordinate data appends with vendors.
- Guide data architecture needs for planning, designing, and analyzing the Enterprise Reporting Database. This include gathering business requirements for the business intelligence developer.
- Managing reporting deliverables of external/internal audits.
- Develop, implement, and document repeatable processes that are in line with the vision of the Data Strategy Team
- Use statistical and visualization tools, such as Tableau, Alteryx, Stata, and GIS, to summarize, test, analyze, and map, data to identify strengths and gaps in organizational strategies and impact, as well as to identify prospect engagement pipelines for activism and fundraising.
- Support the implementation and impact measurement of the ‘Toward a Common Agenda for Wildlife’ strategic plan utilizing theory of change concepts.
- Provide ad hoc reporting and mapping as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years’ experience working in a professional environment in an analytical role
- Proven ability to lead projects end to end, and the ability to think critically and use sound logic and reasoning to arrive at conclusions
- Curiosity and eagerness to learn and implement new tools and techniques to advance the organization’s data strategy
- Experience building effective internal and external relationships
- A consultative approach to working with other teams to understand business needs and translate needs into reporting/analytic requirements in order to meet business goals.
- Proven ability to maintain attention to detail
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Capacity to reflect the staff values of the National Wildlife Federation: collaboration, mindfulness, empowerment, inclusivity, and mission focus.
- A growth mindset and willingness to learn
- Love for wildlife and conservation of our natural spaces is a big plus.
- Experience with big data storage and analysis tools such as Tableau
- Experience building queries with SQL that join large, disparate data sets
- Experience with GIS
The National Wildlife Federation offers excellent benefits, including 16 weeks of paid FMLA leave, competitive compensation, and a family-friendly, flexible work environment.
We strive to increase diversity, equity, inclusion and justice (DEIJ) in all elements of our work and with our partners to support the interdependent needs of wildlife and people in a rapidly changing world. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity (including gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are invited to learn more about National Wildlife Federation’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion at nwf.org/equity.
If you have a disability and require an accommodation or assistance with our online application process, please tell us how we can help by calling us at 703-438-6244.
If you meet more than 75% of the qualifications of this description, we support your application. If selected, a background check will be conducted.
Candidates should submit a cover letter and resume.
How to Applyhttps://recruiting.ultipro.com/NAT1047NWF/JobBoard/1ca8346a-33cc-401d-90d9-d7f752fdfd7d/Opportunity/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=d53e5d10-f278-4841-9905-7fb008a3d7c1&sourceId=c33e0b37-3ca9-47da-a5ba-e9a45287443b
104 total views, 2 today