Full-Time Admissions Recruiter
Clark College is currently accepting applications for a full-time, 12-month, exempt Admissions Recruiter position in Entry Services. This position is responsible for recruiting and enrolling students at Clark College and will have a lead role in planning, developing, and implementing student recruitment and outreach efforts in coordination with the Director of Entry Services. The successful candidate will be responsible for on-campus recruitment programming. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, able to work independently, have sound problem-solving skills, able to make independent decisions, have the strong ability to work effectively with a wide variety of student populations, including populations who represent diverse social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds, life experiences, and abilities, including community members, students, faculty and staff.
At Clark, we value equity, diversity, and inclusion. We are committed to growing, learning, and supporting our employees.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Specialize in domestic student recruitment efforts by coordinating and attending college efforts related to student recruitment.
- Be a generalist on all options related to enrollment: including options for programs and degrees, paying for college, student success resources, placement, student life, etc., and use that information to advise students through the enrollment process.
- Use a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to enter prospective student information, track and follow up with prospective students and applicants, update contacts, and use CRM data to prepare reports and keep accurate records of recruitment visits.
- Coordinate and assist with large-scale (on-campus and virtual) recruitment events.
- Co-facilitate Recruitment Task Force to develop, coordinate, and implement college-wide recruitment and outreach activities.
- Collaborate with key campus stakeholders and campus offices to ensure effective student matriculation.
- Collaborate with instructional units and faculty to promote and recruit students in current and new program offerings, including leading new program specific recruitment and/or event initiatives.
- Ability to create and cultivate partnerships with outside agencies, in alignment with the strategic goals of the college, in order to best serve the students of our service district.
- Establish and maintain relationships across campus to deliver a universal message to the community about Clark College.
- Represent the Entry Services department and Clark College at on- and off- campus meetings, events, and recruitment venues.
- Effectively coordinate weekly schedule, services, and events to ensure smooth and efficient operation of work. Ability to manage multiple priorities and attention to detail.
- Participate in designated college committees, councils and teams, as approved.
- Work to achieve and support diversity objectives as established by the college.
- Provide leadership in accordance with the Mission, Vision, and Values established by the College.
- Create a safe, bias-free working environment, which engenders respect for differences.
- Assist with staffing of the Welcome Center and may direct the work of others as requested by the Director of Entry Services.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Education, Marketing, Communications or related field OR equivalent related work experience.
- Experience: One (1) year of experience working with K-12 schools, non-profit sector, postsecondary education, or government.
- Computer Skills: One (1) year of experience using Microsoft Office Suite, as well as experience with a Customer Relationship Management System and/or experience with a student management system.
- Transportation: Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and automobile insurance.
JOB READINESS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Work as an effective member of the Entry Services team.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions. Work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task effectively.
- Ability to work well with people of all ages from academically, culturally, and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to regularly lift 25lbs and sit for prolonged periods of time at a workstation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively communicate with diverse groups and
- individuals; strong public speaking skills to large and small groups.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, with appropriate notice. Ability to adapt and respond within changing situations.
- Ability to work independently and accomplish duties with limited supervision in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated experience in and commitment to social justice and eliminating systemic disparities.
- Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A healthy work/life balance for our employees with the opportunity for flexible work schedules and remote work depending on position and college needs.
- McClaskey Culinary Institute offers fast, fresh, and healthy dining options for students, faculty, staff, and the community. The space, located in Gaiser Hall, features three kiosks, a full-service retail bakery and barista bar, grab-and-go items, and a student-run restaurant.
- Coffee Lounge in Hannah Hall and Clark Café in Joan Stout Hall.
- Campus bookstore offers snacks, apparel, and specialty supplies.
- On-campus early childhood education care program (pending registration and availability).
- Gym and recreation facilities available for membership.
- Clark promotes wellness with a variety of different workshops and events
SALARY RANGE: $58,059-$67,226 annually (commensurate with qualifications and experience).
Successful candidates typically start at the beginning of the salary range and receive scheduled salary increment increases.
Clark College offers an exceptional benefits package that includes vacation/sick leave; medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance; retirement; and tuition waiver.
Required Online Application Materials:
- Clark College Online Application
- Current resume, with a minimum of three (3) references listed
- Cover letter describing background and experience related to qualifications and responsibilities of the position
- Responses to the supplemental questions included in the online application process
Please apply online at www.clark.edu/jobs.
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105 or email re*********@cl***.edu.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Required application materials must be completed and submitted online by 3 p.m., September 20, 2023.
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT:
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position. Completion of academic degrees will also be verified through receipt of official transcripts.
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Contact Human Resources at (360)992-2105 or by video phone at (360)991-0901.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on or near college property, and crime statistics for the most recent 3-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133 or se***************@cl***.edu. The most recent Annual Security Report, written in compliance with the Clery Act, can be reviewed here: http://www.clark.edu/campus-life/student-support/security/report.php.
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office.
Clark College’s Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (ODEI) supports individuals with their academic, personal, and professional development, as well as provides training and educational resources for all members of the college community around diversity, inclusion, power, privilege, inequity, social equity, and social justice. The college offers further professional development for our employees through opportunities such as Employee Resource Groups, Social Justice Leadership Institute, Cross Institution Faculty of Color Mentorship program, Administrators of Color Leadership Program, and Faculty and Staff of Color Conference.
Clark College values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College provides equal opportunity in education and employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, citizenship, immigration status or use of a trained guide dog or service animal. Prohibited sex discrimination includes sexual harassment (unwelcome sexual conduct of various types). The college considers equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the mission, vision and values of the college. All faculty and staff hired at
Clark College are encouraged to embrace, continually support and enhance social equity on our campus and in our community. The college provides reasonable accommodations for qualified students, employees, and applicants with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Federal Rehabilitation Act. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, Title II and Title IX, and Affirmative Action: Gerald Gabbard, Director of Labor and Compliance, 360-992-2317, gg******@cl***.edu, 1933 Fort Vancouver Way, Baird 142, Vancouver, Washington 98663. Clark College is a smoke-free/drug free environment. This recruitment announcement does not reflect the entire job description and can be changed and or modified without notice.
Clark College Human Resources
August 30, 2023
How to ApplyPlease apply online at www.clark.edu/jobs.
51 total views, 2 today