Yanira12's job listings
- Press SecretaryNew Venture Fund – Posted by Yanira12
Position: Press Secretary Location: Washington, DC Status: Exempt, Full-time Reports to: Director of Restore Public Trust Position Summary Restore Public Trust, a new project of the New Venture Fund working toward accountability and transparency in government to root out corruption and malfeasance, seeks a Press Secretary to support its work. The Press Secretary will be responsible for producing, releasing, and pitching communications products; executing communications plans; and overseeing rapid response activities. The position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to think strategically about communications and research, incredible attention to detail, and strong multi-tasking and organizational skills. A flexible personality, sense of humor, and positive attitude are also essential. This position is based in Washington, DC. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Draft press materials, including talking points, press advisories and releases, op-eds, and memos in support of communications plans and goals.
- Develop tiered media targets for one-off story pitching and broader, long-term communications objectives and relationship building.
- Manage release of press products and coordinate organization’s response to resulting media inquiries and requests.
- Pitch reporters, editors, editorial boards, columnists, bloggers, and television/radio bookers to cover communications products and research.
- Utilize news of the day and internal original research to take advantage of rapid response opportunities.
- Produce detailed reports of campaign activities, successes, and case studies as needed, including weekly communications reports.
- Serve as a spokesperson for Restore Public Trust with partner organizations, key stakeholders, and media, as needed.
- Remain flexible and perform additional duties, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3- 5 years of professional work experience.
- Exceptional writing skills for both press and general audiences; writing should be sharp, personable, and memorable; ability to write in the voice of others.
- Ability to frame complicated research products as communications products and identify communications needs based on research.
- Smart judgment and ability to anticipate how others will respond to our work. Calm in a crisis, and with great instincts.
- Expertise in working independently and juggling competing priorities with strict deadlines.
- Proven track record for being a self-starter.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Flexible personality.
- Commitment to social justice
Location: WashingtonDistrict of Columbia, United States
- WashingtonDistrict of Columbia, United States
- Date Posted
- 12 Aug 2019