Accountable.US – https://www.accountable.us/
Accountable.US's job listings
Research AnalystAccountable.US – Posted by Accountable.US
Position: Research Analyst Location: Washington, D.C. or New York, New York Status: Exempt; Full Time Reports to: Rapid Response Research and Communications Director Position Summary Launched in 2019, Accountable.US is a nonpartisan watchdog group exposing corruption across all levels of government. Accountable.US seeks a Research Analyst to support its work to root out corruption and malfeasance. He or she will be responsible for providing research support and capacity to Accountable.US’s numerous projects. The position is based in Washington, D.C. or New York City, though research projects may include travel on occasion. Some weekend work may be required. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. A flexible personality, sense of humor, and positive attitude are important. Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Work as part of a team to produce research reports on government accountability issues.
- Conduct news, internet, and database searches to inform these reports.
- Clearly report research findings to senior staff both orally and in written form.
- Track legislation and pertinent agency actions on government accountability issues.
- Draft and distributing daily morning clips.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience in research or related field. This could include political advocacy, campaign or public policy research, and/or experience on Capitol Hill or in government and may include internships;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and juggle competing priorities and strict deadlines;
- Proven track record for being a self-starter;
- Immaculate attention to detail;
- Commitment to government accountability;
- A flexible personality, sense of humor, and positive attitude are also essential.
- Date Posted
- 20 May 2020
Digital Content and Email ManagerAccountable.US – Posted by Accountable.US
Digital Content and Email ManagerLocation: Washington, DC or New York City Status: Exempt; Full Time Reports to: Digital Director
SummaryLaunched in 2019, Accountable.US is a nonpartisan watchdog group exposing corruption across all levels of government and holding our policymakers accountable. The projects at Accountable.US use traditional research tactics, such as public records requests, financial disclosure review, voting record analysis, and more to identify who is influencing public policy debates and why. Accountable.US is looking for a Digital Content and Email Manager to produce engaging content as part of our aggressive digital program. Under the supervision of the Digital Director, the Digital Content and Email Manager will collaborate with communications and research professionals across several issue-based campaigns to produce engaging content for a variety of social media platforms, email, and the web. A flexible personality, positive attitude, and creative mind are essential for this role. This position can be based in Washington, DC or New York City. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Accountable.US welcomes diversity and strives to create an inclusive environment for all employees.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Work with Digital Director to craft and execute overall digital strategy
- Assist with the management of content calendars for multiple online campaigns
- Create and maintain a strategic e-mail program for Accountable.US and its projects
- Contribute to researching, writing, and editing dynamic and effective online campaigns; create landing pages, as needed
- Set up and run the checklist and QA process
- Work with team to create reporting and recommendations based on email program performance
- Assist with other digital platforms and programs as needed.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Minimum 5 years of digital marketing experience, including work for political campaigns, issue advocacy groups, or in relevant marketing roles;
- Experience in digital engagement and advocacy-based list-building as well as paid acquisition;
- Strong technical acumen, with the ability to quickly understand and communicate technical concepts and challenges to wide-ranging audiences in a digestible and engaging manner;
- Knowledge of list health maintenance, segmentation, and email strategies;
- Hands on experience with HTML and content management systems;
- Experience using analytics to inform decision-making; and
- Proven track record for being a self-starter and working independently.
- Exceptional communication skills;
- Smart political judgment and acumen;
- Excellent storytelling ability;
- Handles her/himself well under pressure;
- Extremely well organized with strong attention to detail;
- Strong multitasking skills;
- Flexible personality;
- Sense of humor; and
- Works well in and contributes to a collegial environment.
- Date Posted
- 7 Apr 2020