Senior Accountantgill_admin – Posted by gill_admin
Senior AccountantFounded in 1994, the Gill Foundation is one of the nation’s largest funders of efforts to secure full equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people. For more information, please visit www.gillfoundation.org.
PositionWith an annual budget of approximately $15 million and a Denver-based team of 16 people, the Gill Foundation seeks a Senior Accountant to coordinate and maintain the financial and accounting functions of the organization, including financial reporting, investment accounting and analysis, fixed assets, and accounts payable. This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer (COO). The ideal candidate will embody the following traits:
- Believes in the vision and values of the Gill Foundation and helps ensure a mission-driven culture.
- Puts a premium on getting the details right and persisting until questions are fully answered.
- Thrives in a team-centered environment and contributes to the success of the team as a whole.
- Embraces a culture of high performance, accountability, and continuous improvement.
DeliverablesAccounting and Controls - 40%
- Maintain and adhere to the monthly, quarterly, and annual closing schedules.
- Oversee accounts payable and internal expense reporting system to ensure accurate processing.
- Perform general journal entries, adjustments and reclassifications, and account and bank reconciliations.
- Lead the continual improvement and use of technology within the accounting department:
- Ensure functionality of Great Plains and Management Reporter.
- Ensure staff are appropriately trained to maximize the benefit of technology to the department.
- Create and maintain all policies and procedures related to control of organization assets, financial records, management reporting, and proper completion of financial transactions.
- Collaborate with the COO to develop and implement internal controls, establish appropriate policies, and conduct regular reviews to ensure compliance within the department to meet IRS requirements, rules, and regulations for not-for-profit, private foundations.
- Assume the COO’s duties in their absence, as necessary.
- Provide backup of accounts payable, as needed.
- Oversee investment accounting, processing, and analysis to ensure accurate reporting of balances, valuations, capital gains and tax liability, and compliance with all capital call and distribution requirements.
- Prepare all journal entries related to monthly investment account activity.
- Oversee and maintain correspondence with investment managers and consultants.
- Special projects as requested.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual operating budget.
- Prepare monthly financials and variance analysis for review by department managers.
- Calculate budget to actual variances and report significant issues to COO and staff managers.
- Assist in preparation of annual audit requirements.
- Respond to inquiries regarding accounting and finance in a timely and accurate manner.
- Perform special requests and reporting as required.
Key Qualifications / Expectations
- Advanced degree in business, accounting, or finance.
- Minimum five to seven years of experience in accounting and/or finance, with two years of experience constructing, generating, and modifying financial reporting through automated tools.
- Superior knowledge of investment accounting, including recognition of gains, losses, and cost basis and the ability to read, understand, and extrapolate key financial information from custodian and individual investment manager reports.
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and auditing standards.
- Experience with chart of accounts management and setup.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office with expert functionality in Microsoft Excel to include experience with advanced features and formulas.
- Proven ability to function effectively in a team environment.
- Strong work ethic, time management, prioritization, and organization skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail, and ability to prioritize individual, department, and organizational projects.
COMPENSATIONThis is an outstanding opportunity to join the Gill Foundation’s team. The Gill Foundation offers competitive compensation packages including base salary, health, retirement, and vacation benefits. Salary range for this position is $65k to $80k, annually, DOE.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERThe Gill Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity in full compliance with all federal, state, and local laws. The foundation’s policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment and prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, height, weight, military status, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Location: DenverColorado, United States
- DenverColorado, United States
- Date Posted
- 9 Jul 2020
Program Manager, EducationAlliancetoSaveEnergy – Posted by AlliancetoSaveEnergy
Founded in 1977, the Alliance to Save Energy is a nonprofit coalition of business, government, environmental, and consumer leaders advocating for enhanced energy productivity to achieve economic growth, a cleaner environment, and greater energy security, affordability, and reliability. The Education Manager will join the Alliance’s Education team, focused on advancing efficiency by teaching K-12 students to reduce energy waste in their schools, homes, and communities. The Manager will provide day-to-day leadership for two to four Alliance K-12 energy education programs, leveraging the Alliance’s innovative EmPowered Schools online platform. The programs will include an energy literacy program in Los Angeles and at least one statewide California education program. The Manager may provide support for additional programs as well, including remote support and in-person training for other programs within and outside of California. The employee will work remotely from Southern California or the Bay Area, reporting to the Alliance to Save Energy’s Vice President of Education who is based in Washington, DC. We welcome applicants with backgrounds in education and sustainability, strong written and oral communication skills, and experience with community leadership, and youth engagement. The ideal candidate will be excited to work strategically with our leadership and partners grow our new programs into statewide and national models for efficiency and sustainability education. A primary goal of the Alliance’s programs is to reach underserved students, schools, and communities. Those with experience in community outreach and/or proficiency with multiple languages are encouraged to apply. Primary Responsibilities
- Remotely manage three full-year education programs ranging in size from 10 to 80 schools
- Coordinate and support school teams’ program implementation and activities, including working with teams of teachers, administrators, custodians, and students
- Provide ongoing in-person or remote support for school teams to troubleshoot challenges, monitor and promote best practices, and distribute additional resources
- Meet with district administrators (energy managers, facilities managers, principals, etc.), as needed
- Assist teams in locating energy saving opportunities at their schools
- Collaborate with other Education Team members in developing scaffolded and standard-aligned energy efficiency curriculum for K-12 students
- Assist in and/or coordinate community events to promote energy efficiency and support schools in facilitating outreach activities
- Recruit new schools in Los Angeles and throughout California
- Travel, as necessary, to in-person teacher trainings in Los Angeles, Northern California, the Central Valley, and the San Diego area; travel outside of California as required
- Assist in coordinating three meetings throughout each school year for each program (an initial training, a mid-year gathering, and end-of-year celebration) with support from other Alliance education staff and based on existing meeting templates:
- Fall Professional Development Workshop: Plan and conduct a half-day workshop for lead teachers
- Winter Mid-Year Meeting: Plan and conduct an after-school meeting, convening all school teams in January/February
- Spring End-of-Year Celebration: Plan and conduct afternoon/evening celebratory event to reward students, teachers, and schools for their work on the project in May
- Organize and lead remote student training and digital “classroom visits”
- Write monthly and quarterly program reports for funders using analyzed data and metrics collected from participating schools
- Collaborate with Education Team members on program development projects
- Transition formerly written materials to the EmPowered digital platform
- Co-develop program budgets and proposals
- Oversee translation of program materials from English to Spanish
- Participate with Alliance staff to plan, coordinate, and modify the program and EmPowered platform
- Four-year college degree
- 4+ years working in education and/or sustainability
- Strong initiative in undertaking routine assignments/projects without direct supervision
- Demonstrated interpersonal, problem-solving and communication skills
- Experience working collaboratively in a team environment
- Strong public speaking and interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to draft reports and proposals in a professional voice
- K-12 teaching and/or curriculum development experience
- Master’s degree in education, curriculum development, or environmental studies a plus
- Experience managing staff
- Environmental/energy experience
- Proficiency in Spanish and/or other languages
- Experience working with diverse and underserved populations
- Social media, technology, entrepreneurial, and community engagement backgrounds highly valued
Location: Los AngelesCalifornia, United States
- Los AngelesCalifornia, United States
- Date Posted
- 8 Jul 2020
Software EngineerGraphik Dimensions Ltd. – Posted by Graphik Dimensions Ltd.
YOU…. thrive most fully when fully challenged – and if a challenge doesn't present itself, you'll hunt one down. Technology pervades your life and you use it everyday to solve challenges. You know that the best software solutions are living, evolving monuments to collaborative endeavor – gifts to the future – not decaying memorials to a simpler past. You love the science of the field, its logic and precision, its rigor, and you live the dictum that that which gets measured gets improved. You are expeditious when time's tight, but you always choose to hug corners rather than cut them. You embrace completely the pace of discovery and change; while you're zealous about understanding and adopting current best practice, you're also fully aware that today's dogma could well be tomorrow's dog food. You're always learning, learning, learning, forever learning. WE… are similarly extraordinary, diverse (including that rare 50/50 gender split across leadership), C4 values-driven, wildly recalibrating to a new story of business, and living the question: what is the vast potential of corporate culture to be an uplifting force in the world? Technically speaking, of course, Graphik Dimensions Ltd. is the somewhat relentlessly award-winning mothership for a suite of brands (both legacy and emerging) devoted to printing, art, framing and upcycling that began over 50 years ago as a glint in the eyes of 2 childhood sweetheart Artists. Since those early days, the vast potential of it all has only grown, and we have managed to infuse the whole thing with some fairly joyous startup energy. We pride ourselves on being a crucible for new technologists, come and learn with us. Our alumni have gone on to Sr. positions at major companies across the country. Keep scrolling to the end for more about us... Responsibilities
- Add code for new features and functions to core applications
- Ensure code quality with extensive testing and version control
- Analyze and identify code problems; debug code as required
- Maintain base of existing web-based services and applications
- Partner with internal and external marketing, creative, and technical talent
- BS Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or other related fields
- 3 years minimum working experience
- Practical experience – vocational or avocational -- writing reasonably complex software in an object oriented, strictly typed, compiled programming language (e.g., Java, C++, Objective-C, etc.)
- Basic SQL and fundamentals of relational database design
- Experience using, developing, and deploying on Linux, including scripting using bash, PERL, Python, etc.
- Experience with version control / source code management systems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and within a fast-paced team environment
- Strong work ethic supported by solid time-management skills
- Professional and team oriented with good communication skills
- Experience consuming and/or designing Web Services
- AWS configuration and deployment
- API documentation (swagger, openapi, graphql)
- Experience with formal build and release management workflows, tools (e.g., Jenkins), and activities
- Triad Fast 50 for Fast Growth
- Largest Triad Women-Owned Business
- NC Manufacturer of the year (Runner up after 1st place)
- Paw of Approval Sustainability Award
- Top Triad Work Places
- Most Admired CEOs
- Family Business
- Great Place to Work
- Zero landfill manufacturer
- Rare gender equality at leadership levels, and throughout the organization
- Inaugurated our very own in-house Poet Laureate
- Launched our first celebrity collection
- Health, dental and vision benefits
- Company contributions toward 401(k)
- Generous employee discount
- Flexible dress code
- On-site fitness facility, yoga room, showers, and lockers
- Generous paid vacation days and holidays
- Employee-driven C4ums that catalyze the evolution of the organization
- Unique communication, leadership, and professional development initiative that expands the mind and strives to engage 100% of our employees each year
- Kickball, costume contests, crazy hats, zoo passes, team outings, oh my – we know how to play!
- Frequent potlucks, cookouts, and afternoon snacks
Location: North CarolinaUnited States
- North CarolinaUnited States
- Date Posted
- 7 Jul 2020
TrainerSpectrum Health Systems, Inc. – Posted by spectrumsys
The Trainer is responsible for overseeing, developing, and implementing competency-based training to ensure that all staff are proficient in program delivery, medication-assisted treatment and substance use disorders. Must be able to work the hours required to meet the business needs of the organization including the ability to work more than 40 hours in a work week. This position may require travel throughout the state of Massachusetts to the treatment sites within the contract. Mileage is reimbursed. Salary for this position is $75,000 annually. Spectrum offers comprehensive benefits including: health/dental/vision/disability insurances, 401k with company match, 401k, paid time off, and tuition reimbursement. Qualifications: • Must possess knowledge of medication-assisted treatment, behavioral health, mental health, correctional treatment services, and quality improvement processes and systems. • Must have a minimum of a Master’s Degree in healthcare administration, human services, psychology, education, social work, or closely related field and certification in addiction or mental health. • Licensure preferred.
Location: WorcesterMassachusetts, United States
- WorcesterMassachusetts, United States
- Date Posted
- 7 Jul 2020
DE&S / SDA Integrated Logistics Function – Domain Function Manager/LeadDefence Equipment and Support – Posted by Defence Equipment and Support
- BristolEngland, United Kingdom
- Date Posted
- 30 Jun 2020
Fetching Careerjet Job Listings
Fetching Indeed Job Listings