Full-Time Youth Services Manager (Hillcrest)
WELCOME TO YOUR CENTER!
Established as a community non-profit in 1972, The Center provides targeted programs and services to the full diversity of the San Diego LGBTQ community. The mission of The Center is to enhance and sustain the health and well-being of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer, transgender, nonbinary, immigrant, and HIV communities for the betterment of our entire San Diego region. Our vision is to create a Center and Center culture where every person feels and knows that they are welcomed, valued, and supported. As the beacon for our regional LGBTQ community, we actively recommit to being a more vibrant, bold, innovative, safe, and modern center each day than the day before. The Center is sex-positive and provides advocacy and critical health and social support services to support our community members through all stages of life, focusing on our deeply held values of equity, social justice, and client-centered, trauma-informed care. The Center currently has over 75 staff working at five facilities across San Diego County.
Under the direction of the Senior Director of Behavioral Health Services (BHS), the Youth Services Manager is responsible for the development, implementation, coordination, management, and maintenance of a broad array of programming, activities, and services for LGBTQ youth and families. This position will oversee the staff, programming, including contracted programming, and facilities for the Hillcrest Youth Center (HYC) located in San Diego, CA.
PRIMARY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supervise youth services staff, volunteers, and other youth services staff as assigned.
• Develop strategies, implementation plans, quality assurance checks, and budgets for current and new youth and families programming activities and events.
• Build and maintain relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including community groups, schools, youth-serving organizations, families, and youth.
• Lead the recruitment, selection, and onboarding process of youth services staff and volunteers.
• Outreach and develop collaborations with educational systems (schools K-12, universities, and colleges), healthcare systems, social service organizations, or other youth-serving organizations.
• Ensure, through monthly monitoring, that adequate (at minimum) progress is being achieved toward all contract goals and objectives.
• Provide milieu coverage in support of the care and supervision of youth and families in HYC.
• Respond to crisis situations, using de-escalation techniques, prioritizing the safety of all families and youth involved, and completing all necessary reporting documentation.
• Represent The Center at community activities, as appropriate and/or as directed by Center leadership.
• Maintain day-to-day management of facilities at HYC.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Supervise/mentor the assigned team members/staff.
• Provide guidance/direction in the development and execution of any workplans and projects.
• Provide guidance/direction for career planning, performance challenges, and evaluations.
• Professional Skills:
o 3-5 years of management experience, including staff supervision.
o Prior experience working in the LGBTQ and HIV communities required, preferably in a non-profit setting.
o Knowledgeable about current issues/trends related to the LGBTQ community and others who are historically marginalized. Strong skills such as critical thinking, verbal communication, active listening, and empathy. Strong organization and management skills.
• Technical Skills: Must be comfortable working in PC/Windows-based environments. Must have proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Outlook, and Excel. Experience with using electronic health records preferred.
• Language Skills: English.
o A Bachelor’s degree preferred.
o A minimum of two years of experience working with LGBT youth, youth living with HIV, and un-housed youth.
• Language Skills: Bilingual in English/Spanish.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
Compensation: The pay range for this position is $26.50-$28.50 and is commensurate with experience. This is a Full-Time, Regular, Non-exempt position.
Benefits: The CENTER offers a robust benefits package, inclusive of Competitive Pay Scales, 401(k) Retirement Plan (with company match), Full Medical, Dental, Vision, and Chiropractic Health Coverage, Out-of-Pocket Optional Coverage for Spouses, Domestic Partners, and Dependent Children, Group Term Life Insurance, Full-time and Part-Time Schedules, Generous Vacation, and Holiday Benefits, Professional Training & Development Experiences, Opportunities for Promotion & Advancement
Please review the current job openings by clicking the button below. If you believe you possess the heart and skills for any of these (or any other) exciting job opportunities, we encourage you to apply. Instructions for how to use are included in each job announcement. We regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The San Diego LGBTQ Community Center is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.
How to ApplyPlease submit your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com Subject line: To include the job title you are applying to "Youth Services Manager (Hillcrest) position."
56 total views, 2 today