Part-Time Youth Program Coordinator
Why Work for the Y?
The Y is a leading non-profit committed to strengthening our community by connecting all people to their potential, purpose, and each other. Working locally, we focus on empowering young people, improving health and well-being, and inspiring action in, and across our communities. By bringing together people from different backgrounds, perspectives, and generations, we ensure that we all have access to the opportunities, relationships, and resources necessary to learn, grow, and thrive.
Ignite your Passion, Live the Y Cause, and Join our Team!
The Youth Program Coordinator supports a One-Y experience providing leadership, coordination and supervision in the development of assigned program area. Provides a quality experience to members and participants focused on YMCA core values: Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
- Coordinate planning and implementation of programming.
- Follow all set program standards, including area specific expectations and guidelines.
- Assist in the coordination of department and program events.
- Maintain positive communication and follow up with program participants.
- Instruct classes as scheduled, and provide substitute instruction as needed.
- Lead program activities and trainings within the center assigned.
- Update and prepare program schedules, communication, and other necessary resources.
- Manage class registration functions as assigned.
- Assist in recruiting, training, and mentoring volunteers and part-time staff in specified program area
- One to three years of direct experience in program area.
- Minimum of one year coordinating people or activities is preferred.
- Positive attitude and previous experience with varying ages and diverse populations.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of program specific safety and standards, latest trends and the ability to articulate and incorporate them.
- CPR, First Aid, AED certifications.
- Able and willing to complete online Child Abuse Prevention training on first day, and other online and in-person training as required.
Starting Wage: $17.74 per hour, depending on qualifications
Hours: Part Time, Up to 25 hours per week
Benefits: Part-Time employees receive a personal YMCA membership, paid sick leave, flexible scheduling, YMCA program and merchandise discounts (up to 50%), training and professional education, employee referral bonus program, the opportunity to participate in a retirement savings plan and more!
How to ApplyApply directly via link: https://cta.cadienttalent.com/index.jsp?POSTING_ID=98178903121&locale=en_US&SRCSEQ=postingSearchResults&SEQ=jobDetails&applicationName=YMCAofPierceandKitsapCountiesReqExt
260 total views, 0 today