Part-Time Youth Outreach Worker (Part-time)
Part-time outreach workers needed to provide linkage to agency and community services at targeted locations frequented by homeless and/or trauma survivors, and at-risk LGBTQ youth ages 13-24 and to provide program resources information to youth serving professionals in the areas of homeless youth services. Goal is to assist them in identifying and accessing resources to meet needs of safety and daily living.
• Link youth clients to direct care services
• Distribute relevant program specific informational materials in the community.
• Conduct street and school outreach work.
• Work with school homeless liaisons and GSA’s
• Monitor outreach progress and submit monthly internal progress reports and activity logs to supervisor.
• Must be available to work flexible hours as needed for special events/activities as assigned by supervisor.
• Represent the program at meetings as assigned by supervisor to network with other youth serving organizations.
• Required to download a GPS app and take screenshots that includes a date and timestamp of the areas covered throughout outreach shift to track prime locations for LGBTQIA homeless and/or traumatized youth and corroborate time reports
Qualifications: Part-time position. Mixture of weekday day time and weekend evening working hours. High school diploma or GED required. If in recovery, no less than two years chemical free. Able to interact easily with diverse groups in unusual situations. Requires a life perspective accepting of a wide variety of people’s issues, attitude’s, and lifestyles. Preferred bilingual Spanish and/or ASL.
How to ApplyTo Apply: Send resume in PDF format and cover letter with hourly rate requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Equal Opportunity Employer It is the policy of the Montrose Center to recruit, hire, train, compensate and promote staff members on the basis of merit and without discrimination on the basis of age, sex, race, national origin, disability, religious preference, marital status, parental status, disability pregnancy, political affiliation or belief, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.
64 total views, 1 today