Full-Time WIC MIS Business Manager
Salary Range: $4,693 – $7,180
The Oregon Health Authority (OHA), Public Health Division (PHD), Nutrition & Health Screening-Women, Infants and Children (WIC) in Portland, OR is recruiting for a WIC MIS Business Manager to provide support with replacing the current management information system (MIS) with a web-based, fully federally compliant system. While this project is being implemented, this position will continue to assure that the business needs and requirements for a new a data system are met in a timely, efficient and cost-effective manner. This includes providing technical and strategic input for long range planning, project management, team leadership, and interacting with outside partners and governmental agencies to assure compliance with requirements. For a full position description, click here.
This position is considered Limited Duration (12-17 months).
What’s in it for you?
The public health division is a team of passionate individuals working to promote health across the lifespan of individuals, families, and communities. We value and support unique perspectives using a trauma-informed approach and aim to reflect these values in our hiring practices, professional development, and workplace. We are committed to racial equity as a driving factor to improve health outcomes for all communities that experience inequities.
- We offer exceptional medical, vision and dental benefits packages for you and your qualified family members, with very low monthly out-of-pocket costs. Try this free virtual benefits counselor by clicking here: https://www.oregon.gov/oha/pebb/pages/alex.aspx
- Paid Leave Days:
- 11 paid holidays each year
- 3 additional paid “Personal Business Days” each year
- 8 hours of paid sick leave accumulated every month
- Progressive vacation leave accrual with increases every 5 years
- Pension and retirement programs
- Optional benefits include short-term disability, long-term disability, deferred compensation savings program, and flexible spending accounts for health care and childcare expenses.
- Click here to learn more about State of Oregon benefits.
Most of this work may be conducted remotely at an alternate worksite with full access to the needed operating systems and technology. However, there are many times that the work will need to be conducted at the primary work location listed in this announcement, the Portland State Office Building located at 800 NE Oregon Street, Portland, OR 97232. Work location can be changed at any time at the discretion of the hiring manager.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Three years of progressively responsible paraprofessional or technical experience related to the series concept; OR
- An Oregon Project Management Associate Certification AND two years of progressively responsible experience related to the series; OR
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Public Administration, or a closely related field; OR
- A Project Management Professional Certification awarded by the Project Management Institute.
- Experience in creating and maintaining a work environment that is respectful and accepting of diversity among team members and the people we serve.
- Knowledge of systems development and project management and the related skills required to manage a data development project.
- Completion of the State’s Project Management program is highly desirable.
- Experience planning and managing support activities in a rapidly changing technical and business environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and enhancements at once.
- WIC experience is highly desirable.
How to ApplyComplete the online application at oregonjobs.org using job number REQ-126546 Application Deadline: 6/07/2023
31 total views, 2 today