Part-Time Wellness & Fitness Center Co-Manager
Clark College is currently accepting applications for an Instructional & Classroom Support Technician 2 – Wellness & Fitness Center Co-Manager. This position is in the Health & Physical Education Division at Clark College Main Campus. Hours for this position is 16-17 hours per week may include some Saturday and/or evenings hours (maximum of 1050 hours per year). The salary for this position is $18.67/hour.
Clark College is an equal opportunity employer. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age perceived or actual physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or use of a trained guide dog or service animal. The college considers equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the mission, core themes, and objectives of the college. All faculty and staff hired at Clark College are encouraged to embrace, continually support and enhance social equity on our campus and in our community. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Director of Human Resources, (360) 992-2105.
• Work with Health and Physical Education Leadership to expand wellness opportunities for Clark students, faculty, staff and Fitness Center members
• Design, coordinate and promote programs that advance personal wellness for students, faculty, staff and members.
• Promote Fitness Center and Health and Physical Education offerings to Clark Community.
• Maintain the Fitness Center presence in digital media.
• Serve on the campus wellness committee.
• Work with co-manager to manage Thompson Fitness Center and Fitness Testing Lab during open hours.
• Recruit, hire, train and supervise student and personal training staff.
• Hold regular safety training workshops for staff.
• Develop, maintain and enforce Fitness Center policies & procedures and compile Fitness Center usage reports.
• Maintain inventory, oversee, repair and maintain all instructional equipment/ supplies. Maintain storage closets, change rooms, and locker rooms.
• Oversee the set-up and take-down of instructional lab class equipment including updates to first aid kits and spill kits with supplies.
• Coordinate fitness center memberships and laundering systems.
• Perform related duties as required.
• Associate Degree in fitness/wellness related field
• CPR/First Aid/AED certified
• Supervisory experience (people, scheduling, budgets)
• Computer skills
Job Readiness/Working Conditions:
• Ability to work well with people of all ages from academically, culturally, and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds.
• Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
REQUIRED ONLINE APPLICATION MATERIALS:
• Clark College online application
• Current résumé
• Three professional references
• Answer any supplemental questions
Please apply online at http://www.clark.edu/jobs
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105.
Required application materials must be completed and submitted online by 3 p.m., May 6th, 2019.
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Contact Human Resources at (360)992-2105 or by video phone at (360)991-0901.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on the campus, and crime statistics for the most recent 4-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133. The most recent Annual Security Report can be viewed here: http://www.clark.edu/campus-life/student-support/security/report.php
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office.
Clark College Human Resources
April 12, 2019
How to ApplyPlease apply online at http://www.clark.edu/jobs
15 total views, 3 today