Full-Time Welder – NEW HIGHER PAY!
- Weld using acetylene and electric arc welding equipment & cutting torches in the repair and replacement of bridge structures.
- Fabricate bridge parts such as caps, bearing plates, diaphragms, post blocks and rail components.
- Read and interpret detailed blueprints and bridge plans.
- Cut and fit steel to very close tolerances for repairing steel I-beams, piles to proper lengths and caps to proper heights.
- Perform basic carpentry work.
- Pour and finish concrete.
- Tie reinforcing steel and set I-beams.
- Cut and fit steel to very close tolerances for repairing steel I-beams, piles to proper lengths, and caps to proper heights.
- Welding Skills and a ability to safely use cutting torches.
- Ability to read and interpret detailed blueprints and bridge plans.
- Knowledgeable about how skews, grades, and super elevations affect fabrication.
- Working knowledge of the principles and methods of oxygen/acetylene cutting and electric ARC, MIG, and TIG welding.
- Demonstrated ability to layout, cut and fit material for welding.
- Experience performing welding and cutting tasks including repair, modification, maintenance, and fabrication.
- Experience dismantling and reassembling welded parts.
- Demonstrated ability working from and following verbal and written directions/drawings, and reproducing broken items.
- Class A Commercial Driver’s License (Note: If you don’t have one, you can get it through our on-the-job training program within 360 days of hire).
- Knowledge and skills to pass our NCDOT Welding Certification within 60 days of hire.
- Agility to stand, walk on uneven terrain, climb, and work at heights of 30-50 feet above the ground.
- Strength to carry heavy materials and equipment.
- Ability to wear a respirator, kneel, lay down, and work in very uncomfortable positions while welding for long periods of time.
- Fearless of heights.
- Ability to obtain/maintain a valid inmate card.
- High School/GED diploma, and
- 2+ years experience in acetylene or electric Arc welding; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Management prefers candidates with construction and maintenance experience directly related to bridges.
- You will be exposed to extreme conditions such as ice, snow, dust, extreme heat and cold, high volumes of traffic, and heavy construction equipment.
- You will be subject to emergency call-back situations that may occur outside of normal working hours.
- Safety toe shoes required.
- We will conduct a pre-employment drug screening, and a background check with your previous employers for the past 2 years regarding controlled substance and alcohol testing.
How to ApplyYou MUST apply at https://tinyurl.com/5bzfbtzh
61 total views, 0 today