Full-Time Welder- Level I – 200000I2
Cummins is a place big enough to coach and develop a global workforce and create the world’s leading clean, engine technology. We’re also small enough for you to find your fit and personal passion with a team of dependable, innovative thinkers who are developing their careers within a diverse, inclusive, empowering environment.
Learn more about this role and how you can begin Powering your potential.
Our Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you’ll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Henderson, CO for a Welder-Level I.
• Performs basic non production activities which support the manufacturing processes in accordance with quality and productivity requirements safely in a manufacturing environment with direct guidance.
• Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE)
• Stop work and immediately report any major injury hazards.
• Report any work-related injury, illness, incident or hazard.
• Comply with HSE standards, policies, procedures and regulations.
• Use appropriate personal protective equipment.
• Promote interdependence by looking out for one another.
• Correct hazards within your control and capabilities.
• Recognize how your work may impact the environment and work to minimize the negative impact.
• Engage in HSE Training.
• Follows all applicable standard work, process documentation, policies and procedures.
• Raises quality concerns to minimize cost and exposures.
• Supports quality inspections activities.
• Perform the activities expected by their roles in accordance with defined roles and responsibilities.
• Demonstrates a basic level of competency in core work skills.
• Supports continuous improvement activities to improve quality, safety, process and employee development.
• Maintains clean and orderly work area, including routine housekeeping tasks and other activities watching over company resources.
• Learns and applies Cummins Operating System (COS).
• Remains flexible and performs other miscellaneous duties, as required, to meet manufacturing goals.
• Works with peers to maintain process performance.
• Communicates effectively with the assigned team and with all support teams.
• Completes training and personal development in line with business requirements.
• Participates actively in ways to improve quality, safety, process, material flow, and employee development.
• Job Requirements: The packaging center fabricates large metal enclosures. This role requires the use and installation of various insulation, installation of perforated steel, expanded metal and safe handling of same, the ability to proficiently use a tape measure and various hand tools such as drills, installing large exhaust systems inside the enclosure.
• Must be able to work as a team and focus on delivery goals- must complete projects in the expected time.
• Maintain a clean and safe working environment; keeping the shop clean, including using the fork lift to take trash to the dumpster. Also to include general shop maintenance such as inspecting extension cords, replacing air lines- general maintenance- lot’s of sweeping and organizing.
• Will require working at heights on the roof to install roof coating with paint rollers and the use of fall protection.
• Follow all safety requirements and Cummins policy
• Must be able to remain standing (work) on concrete floor upwards of 10 hours per day
• Must be dependable, motivated and accountable
• Must be able to wear a respirator and/or dust mask and comfortable wearing hearing protection
• Uphold the policies and mission statement of Cummins.
• Interact in a professional manner with customers, vendors and co-workers at all levels of business in accordance with Treatment of Others policy.
• Ability to make decisions in a professional business manner, demonstrating emotional maturity in all situations.
• Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with sales, customers, management, and co-workers.
• Expect to meet deadlines and perform to company standards and safety protocols.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
High school diploma or certificate of completion of secondary education or equivalent experience to the extent such experience meets applicable regulations.
Minimal or no work experience required.
• 2-5 years of work experience or vocational tech training is preferred
• Due to the manufacturing nature of this opening, all applicants must be 18 years of age
• Ability to be trained & licensed in use of applicable forklift and scissor lift
• Cutting and handling of sheet metal and galvanized perforated steel
• Cutting and handling of various types of insulation
• Ability and/or willingness to learn MIG welding and fabricating
• Must be comfortable working on ladders or scissor lifts- must be comfortable wearing fall protection and all PPE.
• Must be willing to work overtime and Saturdays when required.
• Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Must be able to follow Company safety procedures and standard operating procedures.
• Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and have a positive attitude.
• Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within deadlines.
• Must be able to work well independently or with others in a team environment interdependently through collaboration.
• Must have a record of good attendance and performance at prior jobs.
• Candidate must meet all eligibility requirements to drive a Company vehicle, including but not limited to:
• Must have a current, valid driver’s license issued by the state in which they reside.
• Must have current motor vehicle liability insurance.
• No convictions for any driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs charges (DUI) within prior 5 years.
No greater than three (3) moving violations within prior 12 month period.
• No greater than 2 avoidable accidents on MVR within prior 3 years.
• Candidate must be able to pass pre-employment drug testing and meet all physical requirements for the position.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds frequently; pushing and pulling a maximum force of 50 pounds.
• Must be able to stand on feet for long periods of time
• Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Protective Glasses, Protective Gloves, and Protective Footwear as required.
Key words: auto body, painter, welder, metal prep, layout
Compensation and Benefits
Salary commensurate with experience plus bonus. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team.
How to ApplyTo apply for this position, please use the following URL https://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=3ce068a45dafb09a6a11350c63cee6ce
55 total views, 3 today