Full-Time Water Construction Worker
The position is involved in varied types of construction and maintenance work related to water utility. This position is responsible for repairing, replacing, and maintaining water services, mains, hydrants, valves, and valve boxes. Work requires mechanical aptitude and physical strength and is performed in accord with instructions stating jobs to be performed.
After a training period, employees in this class must have the ability to do the work without immediate supervision. Work is inspected by the management team while in progress or upon completion to ensure quality and results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
• Perform work relating to the installation and repair of water mains, laterals, fire hydrants, and valves. Make service taps, assist in making cut-ins, and classify soil. Remove, test, repair, reset, install water meters, locate stop boxes, and check for leaks and stoppages. Respond to citizen complaints regarding water bills, leaks, frozen or malfunctioning meters, and related matters. 35%
• Perform water service turn on and turn offs. Make water service taps. Thaw water services and water meters. Flush hydrants and exercise water valves. 20%
• Respond to after hour call-ins to assist in repairing water main breaks, service leaks, or related work. 20%
• Operate equipment used in the construction and maintenance of water works facilities. 15%
• Complete paperwork pertaining to work assignments. 10%
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Possess and maintain a valid WI CDL, Class B with air brake endorsement.
How to ApplyApplication Procedure: Please visit the City of Oshkosh website: www.ci.oshkosh.wi.us for a full description of the position and benefits offered and to apply.
88 total views, 1 today