Full-Time Washington Programs Manager
The Glenn College is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive environment for our students, faculty, staff, and guests that celebrates the fundamental value and dignity of everyone by recognizing differences and supporting individuality. We are dedicated to creating a brave space and promoting civil discourse that acknowledges and embraces diverse perspectives on issues and challenges that affect our community.
Serves as program manager for undergraduate and graduate programs for the John Glenn College of Public Affairs in Washington, DC. Manages three student programs – Washington Academic Internship Program (WAIP) for undergraduates, MPA-DC and Federal Policy & Management Minor/Certificate – to include recruitment; application process and selection; pre-departure preparation and internship placement; on-program support; and alumni engagement. Oversees professional development and internship placement for participants by providing individualized support and by cultivating strong relationships with internship hosts and alumni. Collaborates with Student Services team to develop and execute annual recruitment strategies; scholarship allocation; and provide student support across programs. Serves as instructor of record for program courses as assigned. Serves as liaison to OSU’s Office of Federal Relations, OSU alumni, OSU Legal Affairs, DC Higher Education Licensing Commission (HELC), OSU Office of Distance Education and eLearning, third-party contractors (e.g., housing and public transit on behalf of student participants) and other college, university, and community stakeholders. Performs administrative, programmatic, and fiscal activities for the Glenn College Washington, DC office.
- Manages three student programs -Washington Academic Internship Program (WAIP) for undergraduates, MPA-DC, and Federal Policy & Management Certificate/Minor – to include recruitment; application process, selection; pre-departure preparation; internship placement; on-program support; and alumni engagement.
- Develops and executes strategies to grow student enrollments across programs.
- Executes internship placement process for students, provides support to internship hosts, and conducts orientation for hosts each semester for all programs.
- Cultivates relationships with current and prospective internship hosts to expand partnerships, including continuing education of DC internship/fellowship market, federal hiring market, and OSU alumni community.
- Serves as the instructor of record for professional development program courses as assigned.
- Collaborates with Student Services team to develop recruitment strategies, scholarship allocation decisions across programs, and provide student support while on-program in Washington, DC.
- Provide support as needed to Glenn College Advancement, Development, and other stakeholders to market programs and expand student scholarships.
- Serves as liaison to OSU’s Office of Federal Relations, OSU alumni, OSU Legal Affairs, DC Higher Education Licensing Commission (HELC), OSU Office of Distance Education and eLearning, third-party contractors (e.g., housing, public transit) and other university and community stakeholders.
- Oversees fiscal aspects of Washington, DC office by serving as cost center manager; monitors expenses; engages in quarterly budget analysis.
- Provides support to the Washington Programs Coordinator as needed in implementing WAIP.
- Other duties as assigned.
Master’s degree (or equivalent work experience of at least five years in program management, career services, or related field). Strong problem-solving, organizational, and time management skills required. Strong interpersonal skills, and desire to work well in a team environment.
Residence in the Capitol area and familiarity with Washington, D.C. are strongly preferred. Work experience in the D.C. market, especially federal government, are strongly preferred. Involvement with an experiential internship program (program staff or student participant) is strongly preferred. Two (2) to four (4) years of professional experience after bachelor’s degree earned is strongly preferred. Project management skills preferred.
How to ApplyApplication Instructions Applications will be accepted in Workday. Please include a resume and cover letter in your application. Applications submitted through Sunday, May 8th will receive full consideration. The Ohio State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity, national origin, disability status, or protected veteran status. The Ohio State University is committed to establishing a culturally and intellectually diverse environment, encouraging all members of our learning community to reach their full potential. We are responsive to dual-career families and strongly promote work-life balance to support our community members through a suite of institutionalized policies. We are an NSF Advance Institution and a member of the Ohio/Western Pennsylvania/West Virginia Higher Education Recruitment Consortium. The Work Environment and Culture: The John Glenn College of Public Affairs is committed to inspiring and developing the next generation of public and nonprofit professionals who can handle complex issues and make change a reality in civic life. Ranked best in Ohio and 13th nationally all Public Affairs graduate schools in the 2021 U.S. News & World Report ratings, the Glenn College teaches its students how governments, nonprofits, and private firms can work together to serve the public and get results. The Glenn College is celebrating over 50 years of turning students’ passions into policy and is housed in Page Hall, a state-of-the-art building in the center of the university’s main campus in Columbus, Ohio. The Glenn College offers three academic programs in Washington, D.C., investing in academic programming and in-residence support for students as they live, learn, and work in Washington, D.C. Three faculty and staff work at the Hall of the States near the U.S. Capitol to provide students and partners with comprehensive on-the-ground support in nation’s capital. The Ohio State University, the flagship public university of Ohio, is located in the state’s capital, Columbus. It is ranked 17th among the best public universities in the nation. Columbus is the 14th largest city in the United States and offers many cultural and recreational amenities. It was recently rated by Forbes as the #1 opportunity city in the country and by Time as being in the top 10 cities to start a new career.
241 total views, 0 today