Full-Time Warehouse Manager
APLA Health’s mission is to achieve health care equity and promote well-being for the LGBT and other underserved communities and people living with and affected by HIV. We are a nonprofit, federally qualified health center serving more than 14,000 people annually. We provide 20 different services from 15 locations throughout Los Angeles County, including: medical, dental, and behavioral health care; PrEP counseling and management; health education and HIV prevention; and STD screening and treatment. For people living with HIV, we offer housing support; benefits counseling; home health care; and the Vance North Necessities of Life Program food pantries; among several other critically needed services. Additionally, we are leaders in advocating for policy and legislation that positively impacts the LGBT and HIV communities, provide capacity-building assistance to health departments across the country, and conduct community-based research on issues affecting the communities we serve. For more information, please visit us at aplahealth.org.
We offer great benefits, competitive pay, and great working environment!
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance (no cost for employee)
- Vision Insurance (no cost for employee)
- Long Term Disability
- Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 12 Paid Holidays
- 3 Personal Days
- 10 Vacation Days
- 12 Sick Days
- Metro reimbursement or free parking
- Employer Matched 403b Retirement Plan
This is a great opportunity to make a difference!
This position will pay $68,598 – $86,834. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Under the direction of the Program Manager II establish and maintain systems that promote and maintain the efficiency of all warehouse functions including staff supervision, stock maintenance, oversight of inventory, volunteer management, and procurement as well as coordination of warehouse activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Train, supervise, schedule and coordinate the activities of the Warehouse team, which includes Warehouse Assistants, Inventory Specialist and Volunteer Coordinator.
- Monitor the accuracy of NOLP computerized inventory system. Supervise the Inventory Specialist in the development and implementation of appropriate procedures to complete weekly cycle counts and monthly physical inventory and the efficient addition and removal of program stock from the inventory. Oversee data collection and input. Develop efficient product rotation systems to prevent loss.
- Develop a maintenance plan and oversee maintenance of NOLP warehouse and equipment including trucks, van freezers, coolers, forklifts and pallet jacks according applicable health and safety regulations.
- Ensure that the Inventory Specialist establishes and maintains inventory levels for all NOLP stock items. Assure warehouse remains adequately stocked to facilitate filling of client grocery orders in a complete and timely manner.
- Work with the Program Manager to monitor warehouse budget.
- Ensure warehouse systems meet requirements for County Standards of Care and Los Angeles County Health Department requirements. Include where appropriate Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) guidelines.
- Develop and maintain code date guidelines.
- Develop and maintain systems to ensure organization and cleanliness of the programs warehouse.
- Oversee and enforce NOLP Safety and Health policies. Develop new policies and procedures as necessary.
- Monitor quality control and quality improvement activities as it relates to the purchase of stock and provision of services, report discrepancies and/or problem areas to Program Manager II for resolution.
- Solicit in-kind donations for the program. Develop and maintain positive relationships with program donors.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with program volunteers. Supervise and train staff in ways of working with volunteers and donors, which promote continued support, satisfaction and retention.
- Provide guidance to the Outreach/Volunteer Coordinator in the area of volunteer recruitment and management.
- Supervise filling client grocery orders according to established NOLP procedures. Ensure accuracy of food shipments, prior to delivery to NOLP pantries.
- Perform/supervise data collection and reporting activities as required.
- Perform the duties of warehouse staff in their absence and assist as needed with warehouse responsibilities, including the distribution and pick-up of grocery items.
- Assist with APLA revenue generating activities and volunteer recognition events as appropriate.
- Participate in building cohesive working relations with all APLA programs, the community and outside agencies.
- Perform other duties as assigned to meet contractual goals and objectives.
OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED TO MEET BUSINESS NEEDS.
Training and Experience:
High School diploma/GED required. College coursework preferred. Management experience required, inclusive of staff supervision and development. Demonstrate a minimum of three years of work experience in a warehouse environment. Experience driving 5-ton truck is required. Experience using warehouse equipment- forklift, pallet jack is required.
Retail food sales practices and procedures and forklift operations. Forklift safety certification, warehouse safety certifications, commercial vehicle monitoring systems and driver safety certification.
Effectively use MS Word and Excel. Effectively use and develop inventory software systems, implementation of bar code technology. Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication. Problem solve in a variety of situations. Manage, motivate and build skills among a diverse workforce. Effectively meet establish deadlines. Demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This is primarily an active position, which requires regular bending, reaching stooping, lifting and moving of stock weighing 50 pounds or more. The position requires daily use of a personal computer and requires entering, viewing, and revising text and graphics on the computer terminal and on paper. Local travel/driving required.
Must possess a valid California driver’s license; proof of auto liability insurance; and have the use of a personal vehicle for work-related purposes.
COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster or Medical/ Religious Exemption required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: minority/female/disability/transgender/veteran.
How to ApplyTo Apply: Visit our website at www.aplahealth.org to apply or click the link below: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=93250&clientkey=A5559163F67395E0A2585D2135F98806
52 total views, 2 today