Full-Time VP Product Management Quality Measurement
With wasteful healthcare spending in the U.S. estimated at $935 billion, we take our role as a healthcare innovator very seriously. Simply put, Apervita is on a mission to change the face of healthcare. We intend to do this by continuously improving the value of healthcare delivery through performance, measurements and insights.
Recognized as the trusted source for performance measurement through our proprietary cloud-based rules engine, we address the complexities of an industry transitioning to accountable-based care arrangements. Serving one of the nation’s largest regulatory organizations, more than 1-in-2 U.S. hospitals and several nationally recognized health plans, Apervita conducts more than 10 billion value-based computations annually, providing vital insights that enable collaboration, build trust and advance value-centric care.
As we move into our next phase of growth, we’re looking for smart, passionate and fearless professionals to help us pursue our mission. We’ve earned the trust of our investors, including Optum Ventures, Baird Capital, Pritzker Group Venture Capital and Math Venture Partners, to further grow and scale our business in 2020. We’ve also been recognized as an industry leader by Gartner, CIOReview, Healthcare Tech Outlook, and Healthcare Informatics. Always in search of the next “first,” Apervita was recently named the first company to certify electronic clinical quality measures from the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) using our proprietary clinical quality language (CQL) ingestion engine. This is a huge step forward in healthcare quality innovation and an indication of where we’re headed. We’re clearly on the cusp of something big and bold and can’t wait to see what happens next.
As VP Product Management, you are at the center of the company’s efforts to expand and deliver on its vision by managing the organization’s next generation digital quality measurement product line.
The product champion will assume responsibility for overall product management strategy, customer experience and UX design.
The Apervita Platform is a highly secure, cloud-based, grid computing architecture providing core functionality for Apervita’s Solutions. A demonstrative collaborator, you have experience managing complex software products and strong understanding of market strategy, UX/UI design and agile development—and will work closely with the sales, marketing, support, product development and engineering teams.
In concert with, and reporting to, the Chief Product Officer, you are responsible for defining and leading quality measurement product strategy, marketing requirements and pricing.
** No recruiters, please. **
- Determine market needs and opportunities by conducting and analyzing user, industry and competitor research to inform product vision and strategy
- Recommend the nature and scope of present and future product(s) by developing detailed product requirements and specifications; evaluate new product ideas and/or product modifications
- Define roadmap for quality measurement products and capabilities, coordinating with product leaders, and translate into user stories
- Manage the maintenance of prioritized backlog and appropriately align with team leaders ensuring product team is driving efficiently towards goals and company KPIs
- Ensure products are built to an appropriate level of quality balanced against scope and timeline to support business goals
- Collaborate with marketing, sales and financial leaders to develop and support go-to-market efforts, including demonstrations, pricing, proposals, marketing content and results evaluations
- Guide and oversee the efforts of product teams to develop and communicate detailed product specifications to the development team and related stakeholders
- Establish and monitor key product performance metrics, short- and long-term product financial forecasts, and special analysis reports to inform management decision-making
- Coordinate release versions across environments with the product, development and 0perations teams
- Advance professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing industry publications, and participating in professional organizations
- BA/BS preferred in a related field, or equivalent work experience; Master’s degree desired
- Healthcare experience required with a preference for candidates with quality measurement, patient reportable outcomes and/or clinical intelligence knowledge
- Proven experience operating in an agile development environment, including project, priority and time management, as well as the creation of prototypes and mockups
- Excellent judgement and the ability to manage and communicate effectively regarding issues and risks inherent in complex software product development
- Product management experience for software as a service (SaaS) platforms or related offerings
- Experience in business case development
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; confidence and interpersonal skills needed to conduct effective executive presentations and the ability to explain elaborate and complicated concepts and ideas
- Collaborative and able to thrive within a dynamic, fast-moving business, as well as build collaborative working relationships with colleagues and clients of a variety of skills and backgrounds
- Demonstrate critical thinking to develop solutions to challenges and overcome obstacles
- Post-COVID travel to company meetings a few times a year may be required
Health Insurance | Covers employee, spouse or domestic partner, and family (Blue Cross Blue Shield of IL Medical & Vision and Guardian Dental)*
PTO | Employees are encouraged to take the time that they need to maintain work-life balance
Sanity Days | Days to break away from the office to reset your mental well-being
Parental Leave/New Child Bonding | Twelve weeks of 100% paid leave (birth, adoption [excluding adoption through marriage] or foster care)*
Scheduled Company Holidays | New Year’s Eve & Day, Memorial Day, Juneteeth, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day & the day after, Christmas Eve & Day
401(k) Plan & Match | Employee and employer contributions are 100% vested; company match of 1.5% of eligible compensation, annually (subject to board approval)
Long-Term Disability (LTD), Short-Term Disability (STD) and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance | Company funded
Flexible Spending Account (FSA) | Pre-tax employee contributions to help pay health expenses
Commuter Benefits | Company paid commuting expenses, up to $265/month
Work-From-Anywhere (WFA) | Apervita is a WFA company. We utilize today’s tools to keep teams coordinated, up-to-date and engaged. We balance working from anywhere, including our office locations, with getting the company and/or teams together for socializing and collaborating. We aim to maintain a number of physical company locations (including Chicago HQ) to offer meeting venues and provide space for those who choose to work in the office on a full- or part-time basis. Managers may occasionally request in-person meetings; these travel-related expenses are reimbursed by the company.
*Eligibility subject to Apervita policy and procedure: Medical coverage begins on the first of the month after hire; vision and dental coverage begin after 60 days; parental leave complies with Family and Medical Leave Act eligibility, beginning after one year of employment.
How to Apply
Please visit the VP Product Management Quality Measurement posting on our portal to submit your application. Thank you.
773 total views, 0 today