Part-Time Visitor Services Associate
The San Diego Natural History Museum is seeking enthusiastic and friendly part-time Visitor Services Associates (VSAs) to assist guests at our Admissions Desk, Giant Screen Theater, and at Museum and exhibit entries. VSAs provide Museum guests with an unparalleled customer service experience in a fast-paced, educational, fun and entertaining environment. The ideal candidates will be comfortable shifting roles and responsibilities throughout the day while continually maintaining a pleasant and professional demeanor.
- Providing consistent and excellent customer service interactions with guests, members, staff, and anyone else that you may interact with at the Museum.
- Stationed at the Admission Desks assisting guests in-person, or over the phone with sales for admission and programs, upselling memberships, as well as answering a variety of questions about the Museum and Balboa Park. Duties may also include surveying guests and collecting feedback on the guest experience.
- Stationed at the entrance of exhibitions monitoring capacity, checking tickets, and directing guests (as needed).
- Stationed at the Museum’s giant-screen theater, assisting guests with seating, and sanitizing the theater between each film showing.
- Conducting other general visitor services duties, including but not limited to: describing Museum exhibitions with interest and accuracy; monitoring the cleanliness of exhibitions throughout the day; answering incoming phone calls professionally; and, keeping up-to-date on current promotions, programs, and procedures.
- Friendly personality with a guest-focused attitude and a commitment to creating a welcoming and fun atmosphere for the Museum’s visitors and for your co-workers.
- Professional demeanor, reliable, punctual, self-motivated and hardworking, who wants to be part of a diverse team that loves where they work.
- A background in customer service, hospitality, or retail with experience in credit card/cash handling.
- Ability to quickly learn and retain necessary processes, procedures, and information.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and communicate verbally for the majority of each shift.
- Familiarity with Balboa Park or Museums, and/or interest in Natural Science and the Environment.
- Weekend, Night and holiday availability and flexibility. We are open 7 days/week, 10am-5pm, and open until 10pm several days per month. We are also open on all holidays except Thanksgiving and Christmas Day.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database and/or Point of Sale (POS) ticketing software knowledge and experience.
- An ability to speak other languages that will assist us in making our Museum even more accessible to members of our diverse community.
VSAs enjoy free admission to all of Balboa Park’s museums as well as free admission to the San Diego Zoo and Safari Park.
The position pays $18/hour (time and a half on Holidays) and offers various opportunities for personal growth and professional development.
How to ApplyPlease send your resume AND a cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls or drop-ins please.
481 total views, 5 today