Full-Time Virginia Organizing Director
NextGen America is seeking a dynamic and creative political professional to join our youth organizing program that will engage young people in local and national fights to prevent climate disaster, promote prosperity for all Americans, and expand access to the ballot box for young Americans.
The Virginia Organizing Director will manage our field team in Virginia as part of this ambitious effort. In Virginia, our work will focus on organizing young people to run a voter registration, engagement, and turnout programming in communities and on campuses. The Virginia Organizing Director will manage the Organizers and will report to the State Director.
The ideal candidate has a passion for politics and a belief that young people will make the difference in America’s future. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply. We value and are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion as an organization–in theory and in practice–and our culture reflects that value and commitment. We are committed to furthering issues like climate change, health care, and economic and racial justice from a progressive perspective, we seek to engage the public in these areas as well as others.
This role is remote, but applicants must live in or be willing to relocate to Virginia.
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Remote Position: Yes
Union Position: No
Travel Requirements: 25%
End Date: 11/30/23
WHAT YOU’LL ACHIEVE:
- Run a statewide organizing program focused on registering, educating, and turning out young voters
- Support the State Director to develop and execute campaign plans with effective organizing tactics
- Directly manage the Deputy Organizing to Director and coach them to successfully manage Regional Organizing Directors and Organizers
- Hold organizers accountable to metrics and goals; ensure timely and accurate data and field reporting from field staff
- Develop and implement trainings for staff and volunteers
- Work with national data team to develop tools to track field progress
- Work with national communications to tell the story of the youth vote program
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 3-4 years of organizing experience
- Experience setting goals, holding to people to goal, and managing organizers
- Very well organized; excellent written, verbal and presentation communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with colleagues and outside organizations and be able to multitask without sacrificing quality of work
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to foster a cooperative, team-oriented work environment
- Experience working with VAN or Votebuilder is required, EveryAction experience is a plus
- Experience with both issue and electoral organizing
- Experience managing union staff
- Experience organizing in communities of color and prior training in anti-oppression, equity and inclusion organizing
- Experience working on youth organizing programs
- Experience on one or more campaigns in Virginia at the local or state level
The final salary for this position is $80,000 and is non-negotiable.
Our comprehensive benefits package plays an essential part in how we recognize you for your critical contribution toward our organization’s mission.
Taking Care of Your Future:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance: 100% coverage for you and for your dependents
- Short-term disability, long-term disability and life insurance
- 401(k) plan – we’ll match 100% up to 4% of your salary
Setting You Up for Success:
- $150 per month to use toward your cell phone and internet costs
- $100 per month to use toward your personal health and wellness goals
- Flexible spending account for dependent care
- Professional development opportunities to help you achieve your best self
ABOUT NEXTGEN AMERICA:
NextGen America is the leading national organization for engaging young people through voter education, registration and mobilization. We invite 18-to-35 year olds — the largest and most diverse generation in American history — into our democracy to ensure our government works for them and to find new solutions to the dire challenges facing our society and the world. Since 2013, NextGen America has registered more than 1.4 million young voters and educated many millions more, delivering more than the margin of victory for progressives in key races and building an electorate that will lead American politics for decades to come.
How to ApplyPlease follow this link to apply! https://nextgenamerica.bamboohr.com/careers/242?source=aWQ9Mjc%3D
75 total views, 3 today