Full-Time Vice President & Counsel- Technology & Innovation
Vice President & Counsel- Technology & Innovation
Pittsburgh, PA, United States • Lake Mary, FL, United States
Vice President & Counsel – Technology and Innovation
Overview of BNY Mellon
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world’s financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It’s the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: BNY Mellon Careers
As part one of the safest and most trusted financial institutions, the BNY Mellon Legal department mitigates risk and handles legal affairs to ensure the security of the company and its clients.
This attorney will be a member of the Data, Intellectual Property, Technology & Innovation (DITI) Team within BNY Mellon’s Legal Department.
- Advising on the strategy, planning and implementation of BNY Mellon’s technology projects and the adoption of emerging technology (e.g., cloud solutions, AI/ML, DLT) and providing practical advice on associated legal risks and issues.
- Partnering with Risk, Compliance and Legal colleagues to support BNY Mellon’s digital products and services.
- Drafting template agreements and providing support with client negotiations in collaboration with business product attorneys.
- Keeping up to date on legal and regulatory developments in the financial services sector involving technology/emerging technologies and advising senior stakeholders of their potential impact to BNY Mellon and its subsidiaries.
- Providing legal support in responding to regulatory examinations and inquiries.
- Developing and conducting training programs to educate various stakeholders on technology/emerging technology-related legal issues.
- Collaborating with public affairs, regulatory and regional colleagues in the review and consultation of legislative policies and proposals related to technology/emerging technologies.
- 4 -7 years’ experience.
- Attorney with strong working knowledge of technology.
- Knowledge of emerging technology developments and use cases in the financial services sector desirable.
- Strong interest in the subject area is critical.
- In-house counsel experience preferred.
How to Applyhttps://bnymellon.eightfold.ai/careers?query=40547&pid=16002926&domain=bnymellon.com&sort_by=relevance
31 total views, 2 today