Full-Time Validation Director for Ballot Initiative to Expand Access to Plant Based Pyscheldelics
The Outreach Team is hiring experienced field directors to run signature gathering offices to expand access to plant-based psychedelics. Research from America’s top universities shows these medicines can treat PTSD, addiction, depression, and other serious medical issues that affect countless people in Massachusetts. We are in the midst of a serious national mental health crisis and creating legal access to therapeutic plant medicines will offer an additional tool to help those experiencing mental health challenges.
Validation Directors will manage a team of 5-30 local validators who will review signatures for a progressive statewide ballot initiative in Massachusetts. The Validation Director and their team will be responsible for reviewing signatures for eligibility, quality control, and maintaining an organized system of tracking and reporting. The Validation Director manages the day-to-day office operations, recruits and trains staff to hit campaign deliverables. The Validation Director reports to the Validation Project Director and their team size varies by location.
Location: Boston, Amherst, Worcester
- Manage a team of 5-30 (depending on location) hourly staff who will be reviewing signatures for a progressive ballot initiative
- Ensure that your team is 100% error free. Small mistakes can have major legal implications.
- Setting goals and holding staff accountable
- Train and provide ongoing motivation and support to staff
- Interview and hire staff
- Identify, promote, and train a leadership team
- Build a diverse team where staff feel respected, while fostering a culture of equity and justice
- Directly communicate with local elections officials, cultivate a positive relationship with their offices and make regular signature deliveries and pickups
- Implement quality control measures to ensure integrity of the work
- Maintain a healthy and safe working environment for all staff
- Manage administrative duties, including reporting data, record keeping, processing payroll, and distributing materials
- Strong management skills, including the ability to motivate and inspire a team while also holding staff accountable to goals and expectations
- Strong attention to detail and a proven track record of administrative work
- Can speak compellingly about campaign issues and strategy
- Willing and able to listen to staff and solve problems
- Committed to equity and inclusion
- Strong work ethic; able to persevere in the face of challenges and setbacks
- Flexible; ready for the unexpected and willing to adapt to last minute changes
- Eager to learn and open to feedback
- Basic tech competency with G-suite
- Community or issue-based campaign experience
- Experience using VAN or other voter databases
- Experience running paid canvasses or managing paid employees
- Passion for social change and activism
- A track record of success meeting or exceeding goals
- Experience working in underserved or marginalized communities
- Facilitation experience
- Local knowledge/experience
Salary: The salary range for this position is $1125 – $1304 per week depending on responsibility and experience. Performance bonuses may be awarded at the midpoint and end of the campaign. We offer a generous benefits package, including paid vacation and sick leave, health insurance, a monthly phone stipend, and hands-on, paid training. At the end of the campaign, there may be opportunities for advancement.
Equity: If you are interested in this position but don’t think you qualify for everything, please don’t let that stop you from applying! At The Outreach Team, we prioritize equity and inclusion and believe our work is better when it benefits from the knowledge, experience, and wisdom of people who have faced systemic barriers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage Black, indigenous, people of color, women, people with previous felony convictions, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, to apply.
Who We Are
The Outreach Team is the national engine of campaigners and organizers powering the progressive movement. With an on-the-ground presence in communities all across the country, our world-class team runs successful civic engagement campaigns on behalf of progressive organizations and campaigns—to build a future that’s fairer, greener, safer and more peaceful for everyone.
Our client list includes organizations like Black Progressive Action Coalition, Everytown for Gun Safety Action Fund, Climate Action Campaign, Planned Parenthood, Democratic Senate Campaign Committee, For our Future, Solar Rights Alliance, The United Food and Commercial Workers International Union, and more.
How to ApplyApply here: https://www.theoutreachteam.net/jobs
50 total views, 1 today