Full-Time US Managing Director
Imagine if there was something we could all change today that would reduce global warming by 10%. That’s how much food waste contributes to the climate crisis, and yet we continue to waste 40% of all food in the US.
At Too Good To Go, we dream of a planet with no food waste. Our app connects consumers to surplus food that would otherwise be thrown away from local restaurants and grocery stores, such as pastries, fresh produce, sushi and more. Each meal rescued is equivalent to the carbon footprint from charging one smartphone fully 422 times.
Already available in 17 international markets including Paris, London, Copenhagen, Madrid, Toronto and Amsterdam, Too Good To Go has quickly become the go-to for eco-conscious consumers and businesses around the world, resulting in more than 51 million app downloads and over 114 million meals saved to date.
We recently launched our operations in the US and our results have exceeded our expectations! In less than a year, we have 5,000 active stores on the platform, saved over 100,000,000 meals globally and over 1 million in the US, as well as built a team of 150+ Waste Warriors. We’re increasing our speed to launch more cities even faster, aiming to be 250 Waste Warriors and with +10,000 partners by the end of 2022.
We’re looking for a passionate and driven Managing Director to continue building the team in the US and support our ambitious growth. We’ve set up strong foundations in 6 regional offices with a team of 150+ dedicated Waste Warriors and are well on our way to scaling our team and impact rapidly and exponentially.
You will report directly to the Chief Expansion Officer/Co-founder and play an active part in building the impact of Too Good To Go across the United States.
As a US Managing Director, you will
- Build, lead and challenge your diverse team of talented individuals to develop professionally while growing a strong national company that fights as one team.
- Take the lead on defining the strategy for the US expansion rollout and hyper growth plans. Own the P&L for the country.
- Steer the team in the right direction, with the right vision, while keeping the focus on our ambitious growth goals and alignment with the global strategy.
- Spread the right Too Good To Go culture in the team with a mix of ambition, passion, fun, and care.
- Develop a strong national network and ecosystem around Too Good To Go.
- Represent the brand by being the face and voice of Too Good To Go in the US.
- Be the point of contact for Global Management and work as a team alongside 16 awesome Country Managers (and counting!). We’re creating a movement around the world as #OneTeam.
- Beyond scaling our business, you will have a position to truly influence food waste and inspire the overall ecosystem to dream of a planet with no food waste.
- An inspirational leader, with a background in successfully attracting top talent, encouraging internal professional development whilst delivering strong results.
- True passion for sustainability and fighting food waste is a MUST – you are driven by the urgency of change and action for the planet.
- Longevity in a general management position, preferably in a high-growth/scale up tech company.
- Strong commercial background to embed the right mindset, with an outstanding record of supporting national Head of Sales and Key Accounts with negotiations.
- High-energy, honesty, efficiency and results-oriented working style.
- Experience acquiring and working with Key Accounts/Corporate partners.
- Background and network in the food industry in the US is a strong plus.
- Ambitious and love to work in a fast paced environment.
- Full professional proficiency in English. Spanish is a big plus
We fight together: Food waste is a big beast to fight. We can do it if we fight together as Waste Warriors with no ego. We believe in a #oneteam.
We raise the bar: We always push for more. We work smart, smash barriers and elevate one another.
We keep it simple: Our ambitions are bold but our solutions are simple.
We build a legacy: We’re proud of the change we’re driving.
We care: We always look out for each other. Caring is also about the way we do business. We do the right thing.
What we have to offer
A rare opportunity to work in a social impact company (and certified B Corporation!) where you get to wake up every day knowing you’re achieving positive change.
The experience of being part of an international company with 1350 + enthusiastic and highly talented teammates across 17 countries (and counting) – always ready to share knowledge and support!
Strong personal and professional development in an intense and high-growth scale-up environment.
A transparent and trustworthy company culture where you have the independence to unleash your creativity.
An authentic, fun, and supportive team that celebrates success together.
How to ApplyWe are passionate about recruitment and grateful for your interest! Please carefully read everything written above and check out our website and international media to get a good overview of Too Good To Go. Submit your CV and Cover letter in English. Please note that we only accept applications coming through our platform. No CV or Cover Letter will be accepted by email or LinkedIn direct messaging. Click here to get started!
299 total views, 0 today