Full-Time Transportation Worker III – NEW HIGHER PAY!
- Set up work zones and installing traffic control devices.
- Repair asphalt pavements and clear right of way of debris and hazards.
- Assist with pipe installation.
- Operate hand and power tools and other equipment including an asphalt maintainer, asphalt patch truck, tandem dump truck, crack sealing machine, rollers, sweepers, skid steer, and backhoe.
- Monitor work done by inmates and other transportation workers.
- Respond to emergencies such as snow and ice removal, downed trees, and traffic control cleanup during normal business hours, during emergency call back situations, and for scheduled night work.
- Perform manual labor including operating chain saws, shoveling, driving trucks, and doing litter pickup.
- Train on and sometimes operate equipment associated with the transportation worker IV specialist level.
- Knowledge of Intermediate Work Zone Safety and NCDOT Workplace Safety policy and practices.
- Experience in 1+ of the following: shoulder and ditch maintenance, pipe installation, or asphalt patching
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and train others in equipment operations and direct daily work crew activities.
- Experience in snow and ice removal operations.
- Experience in the operation 2+ pieces of the following equipment: backhoe, tandem dump truck, motor grader, front end loader, forklift, force feed loader, asphalt distributor, asphalt patcher, crack sealing machine, track excavators, skid steer, or sweeper.
- Working knowledge of the principals used in the operation and use of the transportation work equipment.
- Ability to perform assigned tasks and to follow verbal and written instructions as directed by your supervisor.
- Strength to repeatedly lift up to 50 pounds.
- Agility to climb, bend, transverse steep and uneven terrain, and work in extreme temperature conditions.
- A current Commercial Driver’s License. (Note: If you don’t have one, don’t worry. You can get it through our on-the-job training program within 360 days of the date of hire.)
- We may require work during nontraditional work hours including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- This position is subject to emergency call backs.
- Safety toe footwear required.
- High school/GED diploma, and
- 5+ years of relevant experience; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
How to ApplyYou MUST apply at https://tinyurl.com/k6swd9y8
29 total views, 5 today