Full-Time Transportation Worker II
- Perform manual and equipment operational work in the maintenance of highways in Forsyth County.
- Operate highway equipment such as a patch trucks, dump trucks, sweepers, rollers, and skid steers.
- Install traffic control devices and temporary erosion control devices.
- Flag traffic.
- Perform crack sealing, asphalt patching, and installing pipe culverts.
- Operate hand and power tools.
- Transport inmates for work details and monitor their work.
- Clear rights of way.
- Respond to emergencies, such as snow and ice removal, downed trees, traffic control cleanup, etc. during normal business hours or during emergency call situations and scheduled night work.
- Working knowledge of standard road maintenance and construction procedures.
- Working knowledge of Work Zone Safety and Workplace safety policies.
- Experience in at least 2 pieces of Maintenance equipment: asphalt distributor, asphalt mixer, asphalt patcher, crack sealing machine, ditching machine, force feed loader, front end loader, lube truck, asphalt maintainer, post driver, skid steer, street sweeper, tandem dump truck, tractor “A” boom mower, and truck w/aerial device.
- Experience in 1 of the following: pipe installation, installation of erosion control devices, snow and ice removal, ditch maintenance, or asphalt patching.
- Experience in snow and ice removal operations.
- A Commercial Driver’s License. (Note: If you don’t have one, you can get it through our on-the-job training program within 360 days of hire.)
- 21+ years old required.
- Safety toe shoes.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid inmate card.
- You will be exposed to all types of weather conditions including ice, snow, difficult terrain, dust, extreme heat and cold, and work in high volumes of traffic and around heavy construction equipment.
- You must be able to effectively communicate in English.
- We will conduct a pre-employment drug test and a background check of your previous employers for the past 2 years for drug/alcohol abuse. We will also conduct a criminal background check.
- High school/GED diploma, and
- 3+ years of relevant experience; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Call me: Jennifer Redding at (336) 896-2350.
How to ApplyYou MUST apply at https://tinyurl.com/48wy8m66
65 total views, 1 today