Full-Time Transportation Staff Engineer > Entry Level!
- Coordinate training for our Division 1 staff through using our NC Learning Management System.
- Develop/track facilities capital improvements to include plan reviews and coordination of inspections during building phases.
- Oversee building and grounds maintenance and security.
- Assign and track tasks for the building maintenance staff.
- Be our Stormwater Pollution and Prevention program coordinator.
- Facilitate and coordinate public events.
- Serve as the Division 1 Disaster Liaison.
- Assist our Maintenance and Operations Support team in assembling maintenance contracts and performing field investigations.
- Assist in the administration of our Division 1 programs and initiatives.
- Perform administrative functions and work on special projects.
- Knowledge of transportation and civil engineering principles and practices.
- Experience planning, developing, scheduling, tracking, and completing projects independently or with limited supervision.
- Working knowledge of NCDOT’s programs, policies, and standard procedures.
- Good computer skills in Microsoft Office and contract administration software.
- Experience working in a team environment to complete assignments.
- You promote a safe working environment.
- Working knowledge of the principles and practices of civil engineering and construction methods, materials, and equipment.
- Ability to understand, explain, and administer contracts, interpret plans, provisions, and specifications, train staff, and plan, coordinate, and supervise work.
- Ability to communicate, establish, and maintain working relationships with co-workers, management, contractors, and the public.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures and on uneven terrain for extended time.
- Ability to safely operate a state motor vehicle.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
- We may require you to be registered as a professional engineer by the NC Board of Examiners for Engineers and Surveyors.
How to ApplyYou MUST apply at https://tinyurl.com/r7c84sjp
45 total views, 0 today