Full-Time Trans Health Patient Navigator
Position Title: Trans Health Patient Navigator Reports to: Trans Health Care Coordinator FLSA: Non-Exempt
Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Adheres to AIDS Institute requirements for the provision of Trans* Health program.
• Recruit and work with APICHA Clinic trans* patients to engage and retain in care.
• Provide direct services to trans*, Gender non conforming clinic patients under the supervision of the Trans* Health Program Coordinator.
• Carries out tasks that are needed to execute the medical and support service plans, including the following: develops assessment/reassessment and comprehensive care plans, accompanies pa- tients to appointments when required, provides coaching to patients, acquire prior authorizations and coordinate logistics for services plan and transportation.
• Maintain client-related records and other required documentation according to the protocols and standards of APICHA’s Support Services Department.
• Collaborate with other agency programs and staff to serve patients of APICHA’s Trans* Health Program.
• Represent APICHA at various setting to promote agency services by articulating trans* patients needs, and APICHA mission.
• Meeting performance goals set by APICHA’s Support Services Department.
• Meeting requirements set by funding sources and by the agency, including timely submission of project reports and data entry.
• Working as a part of the Support Services Department at the quality assurance and continue quality improvement (CQI) tasks.
• Other activities and projects as assigned and required.
• High school diploma/GED with 1 years of working experience in a related field required.
• Strong socio-cultural identification or work experience with Community of Color trans* individuals required.
• Familiarity with Community of Color trans* issues is required.
• Familiarity with issues surrounding immigrants, communities of color, and A&PI preferred.
• Ability to work in diverse cultural environments in multidisciplinary setting required.
• Bilingual. Spanish preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English required.
• Independent and good team player.
• Good attention to details.
• Ability to communicate well with medical providers and support staff.
• Ability to work well with diverse population.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and stressful environment.
• Ability to work well within the organizational structure.
• Ability to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends.
• Ability to use common office software. (Word, Excel, Power Point).
• Proof of immunization or immunity to certain communicable diseases (including influenza during the flu season) and testing for tuberculosis is required. These certifications are required by the NYC DOHMH Health Code, NYSDOH and OSHA.
How to ApplyIf you are interested in the position please apply through our Apicha website below. https://www.apicha.org/careers
89 total views, 1 today