Full-Time Training Officer
Reports to: Head of Programmes and Partnerships
Location: Birmingham – currently operating an agile working policy with two core days in the Teaching School Hub Office at Ark Victoria Academy (events permitting and occasional travel to other Ark regions might be required)
Contract: 12 months fixed term
Pattern: Full time (standard hours 9am – 5.30pm, although some earlier starts, or later finishes may be required to cover events)
Closing date: 10/10/2023 at 10am
Interviews: Interviews will be arranged as suitable candidates are identified, so early application is strongly advised
Salary: £24,500 to £29,000 (depending on experience)
Start Date: November/December 2023
About the role:
This is an exciting time to join the Ark Teaching School Hub, the Department for Education (DfE) designated hub for South Birmingham. Our Teaching School Hub is a centre of excellence for teacher and leader professional development across the region and beyond. Our Teaching School Hub allows us to leverage expertise in teacher training and professional development, both within our network and the wider educational communities to which we belong. That’s important because we believe that working together is key to everything Ark does: our work has its greatest impact when we share our expertise and knowledge. We deliver the DfE’s ‘golden thread’ of teacher and leader professional development, specialist targeted professional development programmes for senior leaders and other one-off training sessions. We are also an appropriate body for early career teachers completing their two-year induction. We work closely with other mission aligned organisations including Ambition Institute, who we have partnered with to deliver our ECT and NPQ programmes.
We are looking for a Training Officer to play a key role in ensuring the success of Ark Teaching School Hub as it continues to establish itself in south Birmingham. This role is designed to give operational and administrative support to the numerous programmes run by Ark and Ark’s Teaching School Hub.
- Operational support for the delivery of our appropriate body services, early career framework programme and events – virtual and in-person
- Manage the relationship and processes with our external programme accreditation provider and lead on the programme quality assurance process
- Provide day to day support with the management of our professional development programmes’ LMSs and improve the ways we use them
- Producing high quality communications of our appropriate body services and professional development offers through varied means – newsletters, intranet, e-mail, learning management systems (LMS), phone calls and social media announcements
- Project managing the scheduling of training events and making sure any potential clashes are considered
- Working with schools and external organisations to book venues and manage resources required (i.e., AV and catering)
- Being the first point of contact for external providers and communicating any curriculum and operational changes to team members as appropriate
- Making sure internal and external processes are aligned – e.g., registration of participants, assessment submissions and feedback, etc
- Manage the administration of ECT Manager and our Lead Provider’s early career framework programme platform.
- To execute PA functions for the team such as photocopying, diary management
- To organise travel, hotel booking, hospitality and catering when required
- Experience of planning complex schedules
- Experience of project and/or events management
- Excellent IT skills, with specific skill in using Microsoft office applications and SharePoint
- Strong administrative and organisational skills with excellent attention to detail (multiple schedules/ stakeholders (internal and external)/ venues/resource requirements/ diaries)
View the full job description and person specification here
We’re an international charity, transforming lives through education. We exist to give every young person, regardless of their background, a great education and real choices in life. In the UK, we’re a network of 39 schools, educating around 28,500 pupils in areas where we can make the biggest difference and we’re recognised as one of the highest achieving academy groups in the country. We want to change the lives of children everywhere, not just in our own schools. So, we create and incubate Ventures designed not only to help pupils in Ark schools, but also to improve education systems.
You’ll be joining a group of like-minded, ambitious individuals who work collaboratively and are all committed to our core mission, that every child has the potential to succeed. Having just celebrated our 20th anniversary, we are shaping our goals for the next 20 and there has never been a more exciting time to join us.
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays, rising with each year of service up to 30 days after 3-years’ service. This entitlement is pro rata for part time employees. This entitlement excludes bank holidays
- Full office closure between Christmas and New Year
- Hybrid working, with currently two days a week in the Teaching School Hub Office at Ark Victoria Academy
- A flexible approach to working with understanding and consideration for work life balance and personal commitments
- As an Ark employee, you will have the opportunity to be part of the TPT (The Pension Trust) scheme, our workplace pension scheme where we make an 11% contribution; you are not required to contribute towards this scheme unless you choose to. Depending on your role you may also be entitled to LGPS which is a defined benefit scheme where you contribute a percentage based on how much you earn (as do we) in exchange for a guaranteed amount in your pension pot every year
- Access to high-quality professional learning throughout your career, offering both face-to-face sessions and a bespoke online learning platform
- Access to Ark Rewards scheme offering savings from over 3,000 major retailers, interest-free loans available for season tickets or a bike, gym discounts offering up to 40% off your local gym and free eye tests
rk is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in its academies. In order to meet this responsibility, its academies follow a rigorous selection process to discourage and screen out unsuitable applicants.
Ark requires all employees to undertake an enhanced DBS check. You are required, before appointment, to disclose any unspent conviction, cautions, reprimands or warnings under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975. Non-disclosure may lead to termination of employment. However, disclosure of a criminal background will not necessarily debar you from employment – this will depend upon the nature of the offence(s) and when they occurred. To read more about Ark’s safer recruitment process, please click this link.
We aim to build a diverse and inclusive organisation where everyone – staff and students – can do their best work and achieve their full potential. We want to reflect and represent diverse perspectives across our organisation because we know that doing so will make us stronger and more effective. To know more about Ark’s diversity and inclusion commitments, please click on this link.
How to ApplyApply with a CV and cover letter on our online recruitment portal. Applications to be submitted by Tuesday 10th October 2023 at 10am but please note: we will be reviewing applications on an on-going basis and this advert may close earlier than advertised depending on the level of response. Click here to apply Interviews will be arranged as suitable candidates are identified, so early application is strongly advised.
106 total views, 2 today