Full-Time Traffic Operations Engineer – NEW HIGHER PAY!
- Lead our Traffic Operations Group i(TOG) n our Transportation Systems Management and Operations (TSMO) unit. TOG focuses on freeway operations and real-time management of traffic during incidents, emergencies, and special events through the Statewide Transportation Operations Center (STOC) and regional Traffic Management Centers (TMC); incident management and traveler information programs to improve mobility and reliability; ITS Operations to standardize and implement technologies; and other traffic operations and TSMO initiatives on the statewide level. TOG develops, implements, and maintains our statewide TSMO Strategic Plan, our Statewide Traffic Incident Management Strategic Plan, and other plans under the TSMO strategic planning umbrella.
- Lead our programs and initiatives in coordination and collaboration with diverse stakeholder groups.
- Serve as a liaison to our other Transportation Mobility and Safety Division units, and field Divisions across NC.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively in collaboration with diverse stakeholders and explain complex engineering concepts and related facts in a clear, concise, and organized manner.
- Organizational knowledge of transportation agencies and the traffic engineering industry, including the demonstrated ability to work with various DOT staff, municipalities, private engineering firms, and contractors.
- Advanced knowledge and experience in traffic engineering and traffic operations concepts, practices, and theories.
- Experience supervising 3+ permanent staff, contractors, and/or consultants.
- Excellent communications skills including ability to create and deliver quality presentations, perform public speaking, and engage in written communications.
- Advanced knowledge and experience of traffic engineering and traffic operations concepts, practices, and theories, including Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices (MUTCD), AASHTO Transportation Operations Manual (TOM), Traffic Engineering Handbook, FHWA Highway Capacity Manual, Freeway Operations Manual, Signal System Timing Manual, NC General Statutes, and applicable State policies/procedures.
- Contract management experience so you may work extensively with our Private Engineering Firms (PEF) on large scale with multiple employees to small scale project-based professional service and research contracts.
- Manage administration and supervision including planning, organizing, reviewing & directing work, financial management, orientation & training, performance monitoring and review, and hiring & disciplining staff.
- Perform special assignments as needed related to TSO’s goals.
- A flexible management style that allows flexibility while holding employees accountable.
- Excellent problem solving leadership.
- You work best leading a true team environment.
- You thrive at assuming program responsibility and initiatives leveraging individual strengths.
- Candidates registered as a professional engineer by the NC Board of Examiners for Engineers and Surveyors.
- We may require registration as a professional engineer by the NC Board of Examiners for Engineers and Surveyors.
- Travel on a statewide and occasional national level will be expected.
- You may have a varying work schedule due to the nature of the work.
- Bachelors Degree in engineering, and
- 5+ years of relevant experience, and
- 3+ years of supervisory experience; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
How to ApplyYou MUST apply at https://tinyurl.com/n8c96yns
43 total views, 0 today