Full-Time Trading Analyst I
Black Knight is the premier provider of integrated technology, services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to first to help successfully manage the entire loan life cycle. Our deep understanding of regulatory and compliance issues complements the knowledge, technology and solutions we offer to help our clients achieve their business goals. Black Knight offers leading software systems; data and analytics offerings; and information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the mortgage life cycle.
JOB FAMILY DESCRIPTION
Responsible for working under the direction of the Hedge Account Management team to assist with fixed income analytics, risk management, and/or trading. Learn to execute trading strategies on behalf of clients, implement tools that lead to greater client profitability and contribute to the further development of our industry leading technology.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Works under the supervision of a Hedge Account Manager to evaluate, define, and execute hedge strategies, derivation of risk management analytics and historical data.
* Execute trades on behalf of clients at the direction of the assigned Hedge Account Manager, typically using forward-traded TBA or Specified MBS Pools.
* Work directly with Hedge Account Manager to implement new tools, troubleshoot existing setups, and other ad hoc analysis.
* Responsible for assisting with mortgage valuation analytics, report development, testing, and feedback.
* Assist with monitoring risk positions in the mortgage pipeline and/or servicing asset intraday and alert the appropriate account management team of any exceptions to policy limits.
* Provide Hedge Account Manager support with monitoring and reporting performance of hedged positions as interest rates change and compare with predicted value changes. Explain any material deviations from projections through attribution analysis.
* Support the Hedge Account Managers in maintaining relationships with Broker/Dealer community on behalf of clients, provide client assistance in expanding credit availability.
* Maintain relationships with mortgage bankers, investors and servicing brokerage firms, and other firms making a market in whole loans.
* May be responsible for other miscellaneous research projects.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics or Mathematics or the equivalent combination of education, training, and work experience. Master’s degree is preferred.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Knowledge of Black Knight products and services
* Ability to learn and comprehend the mortgage origination process, mortgage securities and markets through on-the-job training
* Knowledge of Mortgage Secondary Markets including best execution of whole loan, MBS and retained/released sales methods
* Knowledge of the fundamentals of ratesheet and margin management
* Knowledge of options theory, derivative markets and instruments, macroeconomics and financial markets.
* Knowledge of proprietary mortgage risk management, valuation analytics, and account management.
* Knowledge of Mortgage Servicing Right (MSR) valuation techniques, sensitivities and fixed income financial theory and practice.
* Strong quantitative skills with solid grounding in basic mathematical and statistical concepts.
* Outstanding verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels within Black Knight (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors) as well as outside the organization.
* Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills.
* Positive outlook, strong work ethic, and responsive to internal and external customers and contacts.
Trading Analyst I
Entry-level professional role into the job family. Works under immediate supervision with limited latitude for independent judgment. Identifies non-routine issues and routes/escalates to appropriate team member. Supports products and/or services and has knowledge of products and services offered to the assigned client, customer, etc. Works on a few concurrent projects of low to medium complexity. Is an active team member, contributes to projects of low to medium complexity to gain additional experience, shares ideas, and may suggest process improvements as appropriate. Under supervision, develops, communicates and executes hedging strategies designed to offset changes in the fair value of the company’s Mortgage Servicing Rights (MSRs) in order to maintain a net exposure profile that is consistent with the company’s overall risk appetite and within specific Board-approved risk tolerances for the MSR as set. Typically requires up to three (3) years of fixed income mortgage trading, portfolio or risk management experience.
Black Knight is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, and protected veteran or military family status. Our employees’ diversity is our strength, and when we embrace our differences, it makes us better and brighter. Black Knight’s commitment to inclusion is at the core of who we are, and motivates us in how we do business each and every day.
How to ApplyApplication URL: http://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bWdvdWxldHRlLjEwNjMzLjEwNTk0QGJsYWNra25pZ2h0ZmluLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ
28 total views, 1 today