The opportunity creates a safe and welcoming environment for students, faculty, staff and visitors by performing varied tasks to assist trades workers in the duties of their jobs (i.e., steam fitting, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, locksmith, carpentry, painting, grounds and maintenance). Perform routine trade-related maintenance and repair, maintain machinery/equipment and tools to ensure their optimum working order; perform other duties as required.
Your contributions in this role will help create, maintain, and manage a physical environment that enhances teaching, learning, living and working for our diverse Bridgewater State University community.
This is a full-time, 12 month AFSCME unit position and is subject to the terms of that union agreement.
TOUR OF DUTY:
Tuesday-Saturday 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
(Sunday and Monday as days off, subject to change)
LOCATION: Campus Wide
This is an essential position.
Initial assignment only, subject to change according to institutional needs.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate employment eligibility in accordance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986.
Position Type: AFSCME Classified
• Perform varied tasks to assist trades workers in the duties of their jobs (i.e., stream fitting, HVAC plumbing, electrical, locksmith, carpentry, painting, grounds and maintenance).
• Perform routine trade-related maintenance and repair, maintain machinery/equipment and tools to ensure their optimum working order.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Knowledge of the uses and operation of hand-held power tools.
• Knowledge of the types and uses of small hand-held tools.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to work in a team setting.
• Ability to maintain a calm manner in emergency situations.
• Ability to climb ladders and scaffolds.
• Physical stamina and endurance.
• Ability to stand for prolonged periods.
• Ability to operate in a confined space.
• Manual dexterity.
• Mechanical aptitude.
• Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
• Ability to deal tactfully with students, faculty, staff and guests.
Current and valid Massachusetts Driver’s Licenses required.
State job Specifications are available in the Human Resources Office or on the Human Resources website: www.bridgew.edu/hr.
Previous experience in identified trades desired.
Bridgewater State University complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants and employee with disabilities. To request a reasonable accommodation for the application process, please complete and submit this electronic form: https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcm.maxient.com%2Freportingform.php%3FBridgewaterStateUniv%26layout_id%3D18&data=04%7C01%7CHRICHARDSGAY%40bridgew.edu%7Cae02968cb954465a33ee08d97c70c24d%7C48ec3bf8d1654eabbbeef8d5307f46e1%7C0%7C0%7C637677645998136535%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=EVfCi7aR57zPQiGhKaSVgRxnTXX5NBrxzf4N1lS3VfQ%3D&reserved=0
Special Conditions for Eligibility:
Please be aware that employment at Bridgewater State University is contingent upon completion of a successful background check.
This position is not eligible for H-1B sponsorship.
Recommended candidate must successfully pass a pre-employment physical as a condition of employment.
Salary Range: $1,472.53 bi-weekly (Grade 10, Step 1)
Posting Number: S00969P
Open Date: 05/17/2023
Close Date: 6/5/2023
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please note the following information is required to complete your application for this position:
a minimum of one (1) employment history entry.
a minimum of three (3) professional reference entries.
For full job description and to apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4203744
Bridgewater State University (BSU) is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer which actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workforce. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
How to ApplyTo apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4203744
68 total views, 1 today