Full-Time Test Technician – 2000025U
Our culture is one that believes in Powering Your Potential. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems. We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions and make an impact through meaningful work within our diverse workforce.
Our New Power Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you will develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Mississauga, Ontario for a Job Title.
Your impact will happen in these and other ways:
* Installs, configures, calibrates and repairs instrumentation systems.
* Develops proper instrumentation setup and troubleshoots issues as they occur.
* Operates, calibrates, installs, programs, repairs, designs, and fabricates instrumentation and data acquisition systems.
* Maintains data acquisition systems, test cells operations, rigs and rig rooms; calibrates, installs, programs, troubleshoots, repairs and assembles test systems, general and specialized instrumentation.
* Installs, operates, modifies, and troubleshoots PCs and PC networks used for instrumentation engineering activities.
* Evaluates and specifies new equipment; develops new technology; installs and maintains electronic engine monitoring systems.
* Fabricates and assembles test fixtures and servo-hydraulic systems; operates, troubleshoots, and repairs hydraulic systems, shakers, and rigs; calibrates transducers and systems; installs and calibrates strain gauges and thermocouples (micro).
* Maintains parts and equipment inventories.
* Creates and maintains electronic documentation.
* Uses a number of general tools including but not limited to digital multimeter, soldering iron, function generator, and frequency generator.
* Reads and interprets electrical wiring diagrams.
* Works with and trains apprentices and technicians.
* Interfaces with customers, suppliers, engineers, and other functions.
* Coordinates programs including planning, scheduling, ordering, and tracking.
* Participates in the maintenance of quality procedures.
* Leads and participate in improvement projects.
* Develops and gives presentations to customers and suppliers.
* Performs other duties as required.
Action oriented – Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
Communicates effectively – Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Manages complexity – Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
Decision quality – Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
Drives results – Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
Data Acquisition – Prepares samples, verifies equipment calibration and performs tests according to an approved standard procedure or work instruction in a manner which ensures, and results in, data that can be trusted and delivered to the engineer or customer.
Data Reporting – Prepares documentation in a manner which clearly organizes and presents testing methods, instrument settings, the data and analysis to allow the engineer and customer to understand the results and form accurate conclusions and recommendations.
Product Function Test System Design – Interprets test equipment specifications from test standards or lab customer requirements; selects and integrates appropriate equipment, instrumentation and software to control boundary conditions and collect measurement data; assesses capability of the lab equipment against the requirements and support infrastructure.
Test Setup and Configuration – Interprets test plan to determine optimal location and orientation within a test space in accordance with local safety and environmental requirements and fabricates required system with appropriate materials.
Test Article Build – Assembles test articles according to test requirements, including all necessary installation or accommodations for instrumentation, in a manner that allows the test articles to successfully undergo product functional test.
* Minimum two years of experience in a Test Technician role in the automotive industry.
* Hands on electrical experience in setting up, operating, and servicing high-end test and measuring equipment.
* Prior experience working with fuel cell stations highly preferred.
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications
College degree or Bachelor of Science (or equivalent degree) in Electrical Engineering required.
Compensation and Benefits
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our Retirement Savings Plan, Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
At Cummins, we are committed to the principles of diversity and employment equity under the Employment Equity Act, and we strive to ensure that our workforce reflects the diverse nature of Canadian society.
Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
The successful candidate will be subject to our Pre-Employment Background Screening process that consists of a Criminal Background Check as well as Education and Work Experience Verification.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today. careers.cummins.com
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins
How to ApplyTo apply for this position, please use the following URL: https://ars2.equest.com/?response_id=2d732be0a845458003293bb9f304e560
54 total views, 4 today