Full-Time Technical Writer – (Remote – US)
Mediavine is seeking a Technical Writer to join our Product team. We are looking for someone who enjoys working closely with Product Managers and Engineers to create technical content for developers who are working with our platform and help non technical users navigate the more technical aspects of our products. Applicants must be based in the United States.
Mediavine is a fast-growing advertising management company representing over 8,000 websites in the food, lifestyle, DIY, and entertainment space. Founded by content creators, for content creators, Mediavine is a Top 20 Comscore property, exclusively reaching over 125 million monthly unique visitors. With best-in-class technology and a commitment to traffic quality and brand safety, we ensure optimal performance for our creators.
Mission & Culture
We help content creators build sustainable businesses. From educational tools and cutting-edge plugins to ad technology that maximizes earnings without slowing down your site, our motivation is ensuring your brand and business grow in every respect.
We are striving to build an inclusive and diverse team of highly talented individuals that reflects the industries we serve and the world we live in. We are committed to creating a culture where everyone feels welcomed. We are looking for individuals that will challenge us to continuously evolve and make Mediavine the employer of choice for people of all backgrounds. We strongly encourage minorities and individuals from underrepresented groups in technology to apply for this position.
Diversity and inclusion aren’t platitudes to us; we take them seriously. Have a look at our team and read through our blog posts to learn more about our values and to discover if Mediavine is the place for you!
Position Title & Overview:
We seek a Technical Writer with experience writing documentation for use by both external developers looking to integrate with our WordPress products, and end users who are trying to make technical changes to their sites. This is a new role, so the ideal candidate would have experience in setting up the appropriate processes to align documentation with feature releases and establish a cadence for monitoring the ongoing accuracy of information.
- Set up best practices for technical documentation and
- Manage and deliver accurate, well-written, and organized technical documentation
- Identify areas where improved technical documentation would reduce Support ticket volume
- Develop documentation programs for Trellis developer center which will enable external developers to build on Trellis WordPress Framework
- Build code samples to contextualize API calls for end-user usage
- Applicants must be based in the United States.
- 5+ years of experience in topic-based writing for technical software documentation.
- 2+ years of experience writing API documentation
- Experience in digital advertising technology and concepts
- Proven ability to write high-quality technical documentation
- Knowledge of WordPress
- Familiarity with common source control and bug tracking tools (GitLab, GitHub, Jira)
- Able to test endpoints and create code samples for the purpose of documentation
- Ability to scope and plan technical writing deliverables based on product plans, prototypes, and specifications
- Commitment to improving the customer experience; devoted to customer success
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to convey highly technical concepts clearly and precisely
- Experience organizing technical documentation, making it accessible to end-users
- Independent with the ability to prioritize, multitask and own projects from end-to-end
Bonus points for:
- Familiarity with ZenDesk
- Degree or Certification in Technical Writing, Computer Science, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Remote work environment
- Travel opportunities (remember those!?)
- Comprehensive benefits including 401k, Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Learning allowance
- Generous Vacation/Time off policies
- Additional side benefits such as home-office upgrades, tuition reimbursement, paid gym memberships and wellness retreats, upgraded flights, cool swag and more
- Company match charitable donations
Mediavine is an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Applyhttps://www.mediavine.com/jobs/
298 total views, 0 today