Full-Time Technical Writer II
The Human Resources Research Organization (HumRRO) is a non-profit leader in applied research, evaluation, and analytics in the arenas of employment, student, and military testing, and professional credentialing and licensing. We work with federal and state government agencies, private sector organizations, and professional associations.
About The Organization
As a non-profit, HumRRO is dedicated to work that contributes to science and society. Our employees enjoy a highly collaborative and supportive environment that fosters innovation, ethical practice, and outstanding customer service. Our core operational staff includes Behavioral Science and Educational Research professionals along with IT. Technology is critical part of the work. HumRRO’s software and AI initiatives enable the work and advances the science. We are committed to supporting a diverse workforce and to practicing equity and inclusion for all staff.
About The Job
Immediate opening for a Technical Writer to join our team supporting DoD on computerized testing projects. Ideal candidate is responsible for creating technical documents and manuals, explaining complex information in a clear and concise manner, and working with our development team on processes, procedures, software requirements specifications, standard operating procedures, and workflow documentation. Experience with SDLC, technical writing procedures, correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation, and vocabulary. Working knowledge of business processes, system development and process improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Computer Science, or closely related field.
- Proven experience with minimum 3+ years working in a technical writing position.
- Interact with staff to clarify reports, meaning, format, consistency, and clarity of style in technical documents.
- Documents shall be written and submitted in a clear and articulate manner, in proper form and format with correct use of terminology.
- Experience editing and/or rewriting technical content in reports, release notes, and user guides.
- Skilled at prioritization, organization, and multi-tasking with ability to adapt to rapidly changing priorities.
- Experience with Atlassian Jira and Confluence.
- Able to interact effectively with all levels of technical and management personnel.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Passion for product quality, service, and performance with strong attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat.
HumRRO, a nonprofit organization headquartered in Old Town Alexandria, VA, offers exciting challenges and opportunities in a variety of program areas. We are a national leader in providing customized solutions to issues related to strategic human capital management, program evaluation, educational research, program policy and analysis, and other areas that have broad impact. The position is located in Monterey, CA but employment in our San Diego, CA office will also be considered.
U.S. citizenship is required for this position based on government contract requirements.
All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, medical condition, or disability. EEI/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled.
Named one of “50 Great Places to Work” by Washingtonian magazine, 2019, and one of the “Top Workplaces” by The Washington Post for 2020 and 2021.
How to ApplyFor more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website. https://humrro.applicantpool.com/jobs/1014300-292344.html
157 total views, 5 today