Full-Time Technical Writer
Seeking Copy Writers to Help Grow our Business!
Do you ever wish the work you did mattered? Really mattered? We’re looking for an experienced content creator to help tell our disaster recovery story.
ICF’s inspirational, mission-driven work is improving the lives of people, businesses, and communities every day. Join us and put your skills to work in service of something big. Really big.
Help us tell our story:
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and experienced writer who is genuinely passionate about writing persuasive proposal content for state and local government audiences. We need someone with experience gathering information from multiple sources, interviewing subject matter experts, and conducting additional research in order to craft a concise and influential narrative. You’ll work with skilled graphic designers, brilliant problem solvers, savvy strategists, and a team of writers to help develop compelling, impactful, and responsive proposals to win new work and enhance our market position. This position will be full time remote.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop a base level understanding of disaster recovery program requirements.
- Review formal Request for Proposal to identify client requirements, then review, validate and strengthen our proposed discriminators accordingly.
- Interview technical staff to creatively convert complex, weedy subjects into compelling copy that can be readily reviewed and understood by the lay person.
- Roll up your sleeves and write. You’ll be responsible for drafting and editing all kinds of content.
- Be a message-machine and help us translate the multifaceted work ICF does into memorable and emotionally relevant content and assets.
- Describe solutions to meet client’s unique needs, presenting benefits/value of approach, staff and experience.
- Incorporate edits and comments from reviewers (and provide review of other’s content) to prepare a winning proposal that clearly shows the benefits/value of selecting ICF.
- Teach us something new! We know the best ideas often come from outside, from people who are willing to look at things differently.
We are seeking a candidate with a strong background in editorial writing and copy creation experience. Corporate, in-house experience preferred, and if you’ve worked in the professional services industry that’s a plus. You should be an excellent writer with a demonstrated skill in communicating ideas creatively and concisely. You’re a team player with the ability to multi-task and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment. We will review writing samples to ensure your writing expertise matches our needs.
What you must have:
- 3 or more years writing competitive proposal content, preferably within a professional services firm serving state and local government clients.
- 3 or more years of editorial writing and copy creation experience
- Bachelor’s degree and strong record of academic performance (3.0 GPA or higher)
What we’d like you to have:
- Experience writing FEMA proposals is strongly desired.
- Excellent communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- You have a knack for creating big picture stories that inform and resonate with diverse audiences.
- You understand the importance of subject matter expertise and how to leverage this knowledge to develop easily digestible content.
- You’re a driven self-starter with a positive outlook, flexible nature, and tenacious work style.
- You take direction well and accept content review as informative, while demonstrating an enthusiasm for producing highly strategic and thoughtful work.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. If you’re seeking to make a difference in the world, visit www.icf.com/careers to find your next career. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
How to Applyhttps://icf.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/ICFExternal_Career_Site/job/Tallahassee-FL/Technical-Writer_R2001670/apply
67 total views, 1 today