Full-Time Technical Operations Engineer
• Work closely with the Systems, Security, and Network Engineering teams, external solution providers, and internal business unit resources to design secure, scalable, extensible technology-based solutions; then build, implement, support and monitor those solutions.
• Develop, document, and enforce system monitoring and alerting standards for all platforms through automation via scripting and applications.
• Perform system administration activities across a large number of data center and cloud-hosted servers and applications.
• Serve as the primary escalation channel for support-related server and application issues.
• Work with the Systems Engineering team to design, build, and implement systems and solutions as part of technology and business line-sponsored initiatives while leveraging leading industry practices.
• Work with junior staff members to procure, build, implement servers, systems and processes to support the design.
• Serve as a technical mentor to staff members on the Technology Operations team while assisting in ad-hoc and formal coaching and development efforts.
• Help guide the platform and security direction for the organization by monitoring industry trends, facilitating proof-of-concept exercises, and recommending specific technologies to pursue.
• Must have senior level experience implementing and managing various technology projects and platforms.
• Exceptional working knowledge/experience administering server operating systems (Windows & Linux).
• Experience building, implementing, and managing servers and applications in a cloud-hosted environment such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, or Google Cloud platform.
• Experience in cloud-based monitoring such as Log Analytics, New Relic and on-premise monitoring solutions such as (SCOM, Splunk, SolarWinds)
• Experience supporting cloud-native SaaS applications such as Office 365 and Salesforce.
• Strong skills in TCP/IP networking and security concepts are required.
• Experience in managing and configuring load balancers such as F5, Citrix, etc.
• Ability to manage enterprise and cloud-based storage solutions.
• Experience with virtualization platforms, such as Microsoft HyperV, Nutanix AHV, KVM, and VMWare ESX.
• Familiarity with cloud concepts such as containerization (Docker, Kubernetes) and cloud management platforms.
• Familiarity with automation through enterprise distribution and configuration management platforms such as SCCM, Ansible, Jenkins, Ivanti, Puppet, or Chef.
• Thorough understanding of endpoint security suite products and enterprise class backup systems (Commvault)
• Significant experience in one or more scripting languages such as PowerShell, Perl, and Python.
• Understanding of application programming interfaces (API) and how to monitor/troubleshoot access to API-driven applications.
• Using source code repositories such as GIT and understanding how to leverage them.
• Experience supporting network and server technologies (Active Directory, Group Policy, DHCP, DNS, Exchange, Microsoft System Center Suite, Cisco IOS, etc.)
• Experience identifying issues and determining root cause via a consistent, logical approach.
• Demonstrated ability to implement and support scalable technology solutions.
• Ability to manage small to medium sized technology projects.
• The ability to manage multiple assigned tasks.
• Strong written communication skills, including experience documenting standard operating procedures and writing technical documentation (runbooks).
• Strong interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability and willingness to be on-call and respond to emergencies.
Previous success hiring people with similar job titles to these:
- Systems Administrator
- NOC Administrator
- Operations Engineer
- Remote work flexibility after a desired length of tenure and good performance
- Hire immediately
- Growth opportunities
- Great benefits
- Strong culture
- Work life balance
Committed. Inclusive. Courageous. Eastern Bank has built a legacy of investing in the communities we serve and helping our customers, communities and employees thrive and grow. We pride ourselves in having knowledgeable and experienced professionals that can provide the expertise, personal attention and service our customers deserve.
As an inclusive company, we work to ensure that our valued employees are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, and encouraged to reach their fullest potential. These values have earned us a reputation as a great place to work and provide a strong reason why you should consider a career with us.
How to ApplyCopy and Paste the below link to your browser and click "Apply Now" https://gka.fa.us1.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX/job/56/?utm_medium=jobshare If you have any questions please feel free to email: email@example.com
225 total views, 0 today