Job Purpose and Background
Are you passionate about tackling water security issues? Would you like to be at the heart of driving change through environmental disclosure?
CDP is offering an exciting opportunity to launch a career in environmental sustainability. The successful candidate will join the Questionnaire & Guidance Team, supporting the delivery and development of the corporate questionnaires and guidance materials. In this role you will develop your strong analytical, problem-solving and communication skills as well as subject matter expertise, while contributing to a variety of disclosure-related tasks and projects for CDP’s disclosure framework.
About the Questionnaire & Guidance Team
The Questionnaire & Guidance team provides a critical contribution to CDP’s mission. We develop CDP’s world-leading questionnaires and guidance for organizations reporting environmental information to investors, customers and other data-users. We balance completeness, transparency and high quality of data requested by data-users, with the practicality and resources required by companies to collect and report on this data within their own operations and throughout their value chains.
The Q&G team is part of the Disclosure Content team which sits in the Environmental Practices department, responsible for evolving CDP’s thought leadership and disclosure framework.
Key responsibilities include:
To support Disclosure Content colleagues working on water security, and other sustainability topics, with a diverse range of tasks related to delivery of questionnaires and guidance materials. This will include:
- Drafting and proofreading content for our questionnaire and guidance materials;
- Analysing response data in Excel to inform revision and development of the questionnaires;
- Responding to internal technical queries on the questionnaires and guidance;
- Preparing and delivering internal and external communications materials;
- Inputting content in CDP’s online disclosure systems, and checking and testing the questionnaires and guidance;
- Assisting the other Disclosure Content teams with a variety of analytical, research and system tasks as required.
The precise description and nature of your job may be varied from time to time and you may be required to carry out other duties as necessary to meet CDP’s operational needs.
Required skills and experience
- Academic and/or professional understanding of water management and water security issues, corporate environmental responsibility and corporate sustainability reporting;
- A demonstrable understanding of the global sustainability agenda and of water-related risks, opportunities, and impacts for companies.
- Strong prioritization, time management and organizational skills, with an ability to pay attention to detail;
- The ability to organize and interpret qualitative and quantitative data, and present results concisely.
- Strong communication skills, including a high standard of written English;
- The ability to present complex information in a simple and concise way;
- Flexible working style with experience working within a team to deliver projects.
This is a full-time role on a permanent contract starting as soon as possible. It is based at CDP’s central London office with the possibility of hybrid working, and reports to the Technical Manager, Water security.
Salary and benefits: £27,000 to £32,500 per annum depending on experience, 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, generous non-contributory pension provision, annual discretionary bonus (depending on company performance), Employee Assistance Programme, life assurance, training and development, flexible working opportunities and other benefits. There is a 6-month probationary period.
Before you apply
Interested applicants must be eligible to work legally in the United Kingdom. CDP does not sponsor visas.
Privacy notice: We’ll only use the information you provide to process your application. By emailing us your CV and covering letter, you are permitting CDP to use the information you have provided for recruitment purposes.