Full-Time Technical Lead – MIG
The Democratic Data Exchange (DDx) is looking for an experienced Technical Lead – MIG to oversee the development of the Movement Infrastructure Working Group’s (MIG) new API for real-time sharing of data between the various tools Democratic political campaigns (e.g., Presidential, Senate, Down Ballot) and movement groups use.
The MIG API will support new models of engagement and organizing and provide better metrics for organizers to execute the most responsive programs possible.
Reporting to the Executive Director of MIG, you will have the opportunity to work and shape the early technical direction of this fundamental product and build a top-tier engineering team. You will be involved in strategic decisions about system architecture, feature development, and product strategy. This is a hands-on role that combines leadership responsibilities and direct technical contributions.
Please know that job candidates do not always meet 100% of the preferred qualifications. If much of this job description resonates with you, we encourage you to apply.
At DDx, we believe:
- Empathy is the most important part of being a team member
- Inclusivity builds stronger, more supportive teams
- Thoughtfulness is good for business and good for teamwork
- Mentorship is something everyone should be involved in
- A bias toward action is better than delaying for a perfect solution
Founded in 2019, the Democratic Data Exchange (DDx) is a for-profit company that aims to expand access to data within the Democratic and progressive ecosystem by facilitating the real-time blind exchange of program data across the ecosystem and providing easy-to-use tools to help clients accomplish their goals.
We believe that when Democratic and progressive data ecosystems have access to the most robust and complete pool of program data possible, they can increase the efficiency and effectiveness of their campaigns and organizing work, build long-term power in our communities, and win elections.
DDx is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Work closely with the Technical Advisor and the Architecture Advisor to build an alpha version of the MIG product.
- Manage the entire product development lifecycle, from initial concept and prototyping to product launch; oversee uptime, reliability, and performance as the ultimate backstop, ensuring high-quality product delivery.
- Develop and manage budgets, resource planning, and project timelines to ensure efficient resource allocation and timely delivery.
- Lead the hiring, onboarding, and development of a versatile engineering team.
- Cultivate a positive, inclusive team culture that encourages innovation, collaboration, and continuous improvement.
- Implement efficient engineering processes, methodologies, and best practices to drive timely and smooth project delivery.
- Foster cross-functional team collaboration between engineering, design, product management, and other key stakeholders.
- Ensure compliance with industry standards, regulatory requirements, and best practices in software development and security.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and industry trends to maintain a competitive edge and promote innovation.
- Proven experience as a Technical Lead or similar leadership role in software development with building and implementing strategy and prioritization.
- 2+ years of people management and team management experience with a track record of building and nurturing high-performing engineering teams.
- Prior experience working in the majority of these programming languages: TypeScript/NodeJS, Python, Kubernetes, Postgres, BigQuery, Kafka/Redpanda, Data Warehousing and ETL, BigQuery, OpenAPI Spec, REST, and GraphQL.
- Proven experience in establishing or contributing to open-source projects.
- Excellent understanding of regulatory requirements and industry standards in software development and security.
- Prior experience in managing the end-to-end product development lifecycle from prototype to scale-up.
- Experience with understanding and ensuring team implementation of best practices in software development, including agile methodologies, continuous delivery and deployment, code reviews, source control management, and testing.
- Experience facilitating decision-making frameworks and exercising problem-solving skills with a range of stakeholders.
- Electoral or non-electoral campaign experience or experience with political data and products is not required, but is a bonus qualification for this role.
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills in a remote and asynchronous environment.
- Previous experience with advising executive-level stakeholders to guide decisions.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without restriction.
Remote position; anywhere in the US. DDx is a remote-first organization.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Ability to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds occasionally
Salary and Benefits:
DDx offers a competitive compensation salary and benefits package, including:
- Company-paid healthcare, dental, and vision insurance for full-time employees
- Matching 401(k) contributions up to 3%
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO) policy
- 16 weeks of paid leave for new parents
- Other perks such as a generous holiday schedule and monthly team wellness days
The salary range for this position is $175,000 to $200,000.
How to ApplyPlease submit an application for this role here: https://ddx.recruitee.com/o/technical-lead-mig
39 total views, 1 today