Full-Time Technical Design Assistant
Warby Parker is searching for a Technical Design Assistant to support the creation of our glasses, from initial drawing review to assessing our physical prototypes. As a key member of our Product Development team, you’ll work closely with our in-house Design team and overseas manufacturers to ensure that our end result is both production-friendly and consistently achieved in bulk. Our ideal candidate is an excellent communicator with a strong eye for detail who can stay on top of multiple seasons at once while ensuring the fit, construction, and quality of our glasses are perfect across the board! Sound up your alley? Read on!
What you’ll do:
- Create exploratory, seasonal, and chase developments in accordance with our product development milestones
- Support the prototype requests with accurate technical file creation and evaluate each prototype’s physical execution and integrity to be used as a model representative of bulk production
- Prepare files for drawing review with the Technical Designer and Design teams, highlight where requested specs were not achieved and why, and incorporate vendor feedback
- Provide design and construction feedback (as well as related timeline changes) to quality assurance teams and vendors ahead of approval to Tool Sample
- Assist in drawing audits and maintenance of the technical design library as well as own tool sample tracking and receipt at HQ for all new products
- Update proprietary collaboration tools to reflect drawing and prototype approvals and support the reporting of team KPIs such as drawing rounds, sample rounds, and total development lead time
Who you are:
- Equipped with 1–3 years of relevant professional experience
- Skilled at using a caliper, lens clock, and tracer
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Google Drive, and Adobe Suite applications for viewing tech drawings and able to quickly adapt to proprietary product lifecycle management (PLM) systems
- A strong cross-functional collaborator and excellent communicator, both in writing and in person
- Unflappably professional and experienced working with international vendors
- A detail-oriented multitasker with exceptional organizational and analytical skills, especially when it comes to data entry and processes
- Not on the Office of Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities (LEIE)
- A degree in industrial design, technical design, mechanical engineering, or a similar discipline
- Experience with AutoCAD software, 3D modeling software like Solidworks, and/or 3D printing technology
- Direct experience in optical or jewelry technical design
Warby Parker was founded with a mission: to inspire and impact the world with vision, purpose, and style.
We accomplish this by reimagining everything that a company and industry can be. We’ve proven that a business can scale, be profitable, and do good in the world—without charging a premium for it. And we’ve learned that it takes creativity, empathy and innovation to consistently surpass customer expectations.
Since the day we launched in 2010, we’ve pioneered ideas, designed products, and developed technologies that help people see. We offer everything our customers need for happier eyes at a price that leaves them with money in their pockets, from designer-quality glasses and contacts to eye exams and vision tests.
Ultimately, we believe in vision for all, which is why for every pair of glasses or sunglasses we sell, a pair of glasses is distributed to someone in need through our Buy a Pair, Give a Pair program. Over eight million pairs of glasses have been distributed in over 50 countries; that means eight million people now have the glasses they need to learn, work, and achieve better economic outcomes.
At Warby Parker, you can look forward to company outings and events, volunteering and learning opportunities, and just great company filled with curious, kind folks. Dreaming up and sharing ideas aren’t responsibilities reserved for certain teams or leaders; the challenge (a really fun one) of innovation is on all of our shoulders. Teammates can also connect around common interests, backgrounds, and identities, no matter their home base, through our various employee resource groups. (We’re happy to say that the Human Rights Campaign has named us a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ employees!) That sense of community and belonging keeps us excited to walk through the door every day, wherever that door may be.
We’re driven to continue building a workplace, based on inclusive behaviors and equitable systems, where all employees can bring their authentic selves, feel engaged, and share their perspectives as a valued member of Team Warby. Transparency is what we’re all about, and our annual Impact Report and Racial Equity Strategy lay out how we’re sticking to these values.
How to Applyhttps://grnh.se/8e42443d1us
880 total views, 0 today