Full-Time Team Member – Yalding Depot Maidstone
- Job Title
- Team Member
- Yalding Depot – Maidstone
- Salary band
- TM1 A – C £16,281 – £17, 652
- Contract type
- Reference number
Description of the job
Salary: £16,281 – £17,652
As part of the Medway Operations Field Team, you’ll enjoy the physical demands of a role where you’ll be involved in everything from grass cutting, aquatic weed control, removing obstructions from watercourses and minor construction maintenance. You’ll be working in all weathers, so you’ll need a love for the great outdoors. You’ll be part of the Environment Agency emergency response team attending flooding and pollution incidents so you’ll be committed to taking part in a 24/7 standby rota.
The Operations Field Teams provide support to the Environment Agency’s Flood and Coastal Risk Management function, Environment Management and other internal functions. Field Teams are responsible for delivering maintenance programmes for assets that protect people and property e.g. flood banks, debris screens, penstocks and flood gates, delivering an effective emergency response capability for floods and environmental incidents. Health and safety is very important to us and you’ll need a positive and flexible attitude.
- You’ll be fit and enthusiastic with a positive attitude towards environmental issues to help us ensure work is delivered in a safe and environmentally sensitive way.
- Experience of handling petrol driven power tools such as chainsaws would be an advantage.
- Your work could take you anywhere in the Medway catchment area, so a full driving licence is required.
- Other key requirements for this job include the ability to communicate with the public when out in the field.
- Basic computer / IT skills would be beneficial but not essential.
Additional Useful Information
For further details please contact Alice Wilson on Tel: 07789 945 932 or by email: email@example.com
You can also download the candidate pack for more information.
Closing date for applications: 14 February 2016
We also have a Guaranteed Interview Policy to support those with a disability who are seeking employment and have committed to guaranteeing an interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.
Diversity: it’s in our nature
How to ApplyCLICK HERE TO APPLY
600 total views, 1 today