Full-Time Tax Analyst I
Black Knight is the premier provider of integrated technology, services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to first to help successfully manage the entire loan life cycle. Our deep understanding of regulatory and compliance issues complements the knowledge, technology and solutions we offer to help our clients achieve their business goals. Black Knight offers leading software systems; data and analytics offerings; and information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the mortgage life cycle.
JOB FAMILY DESCRIPTION
Prepares federal, state, and local quarterly and annual tax provisions, maintains tax records and is responsible for all aspects of tax compliance.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Prepares, reviews and files various reports for federal, state and local reporting as well as other areas of tax compliance (monthly, quarterly, annually).
* Prepares quarterly and annual tax provisions under ASC 740.
* Maintains current knowledge of tax laws, updates, and revisions and informs management of issues affecting Black Knight.
* Reviews proposals for tax implications and recommends actions that meet business plans while managing tax liability.
* Investigates and reconciles discrepancies.
* Research and prepare written technical analysis of tax positions.
* Monitors and complies with SOX 404 controls and reporting.
* Anticipates potential tax filing conflicts and resolves before returns are filed (i.e. acquisitions, fixed purchase option leases, etc.).
* Reconciles any year-end balances and recover any tax overpayments.
* Requests refunds for dual taxation, incorrect assessment, and exempt property.
* Assists with tax audits, tax authority inquiries and other related inquiries and responses.
* Monitors internal reporting software database for integrity and maintenance.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related degree. Master’s degree is preferred. Due to continual changes in tax regulations, continuing education is required and in compliance with all requirements to date.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Good understanding of generally accepted accounting principles as well as company accounting policies, procedures and standards
* Knowledge of federal, state and local income tax law, practices and procedures for multiple entities in multiple jurisdictions
* International tax exposure is preferred.
* Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, and professional manner
* Ability to analyze and solve problems using learned techniques and tools
* Analytical and statistical examination skills
* Ability to understand and apply learned concepts
* Attention to detail, accuracy and confidentiality
* Demonstrated ability to plan and accomplish work to ensure critical deadlines are met
* Ability to create spreadsheets and demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and accounting software
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, clients and public
* ASC-740 experience preferred
Tax Analyst I
Entry level role requiring basic skills with a moderate level of proficiency. Performs discrete tasks working under close to moderate supervision with limited latitude for independent judgment and ability to overcome minor obstacles while communicating problem areas to others. Consults with senior peers with goal of continually building knowledge/experience while minimizing any risk. This role is focused on learning to apply standards, developing an understanding of the business, and advancing personal professional growth through certifications and tailored goal setting. The position nonetheless exercises delegated authority to make and implement decisions having broad implications to the business. Typically requires up to three (3) years professional tax experience filing returns in multi-state locations.
Black Knight is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive cons ideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, and protected veteran or military family status. Our employees’ diversity is our strength, and when we embrace our differences, it makes us better and brighter. Black Knight’s commitment to inclusion is at the core of who we are, and motivates us in how we do business each and every day.
How to ApplyApplication URL: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=c2ZyaWVkZXJpY2guNTEyMjYuMTA1OTRAYmxhY2trbmlnaHRmaW4uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t
55 total views, 1 today