Full-Time Taproom Assistant Manager
Taproom Assistant Manager (Old Market, Bristol)
Having cemented our position as one of the South West’s most established breweries, Wiper and True are delighted to be opening a world class new headquarters this summer. The large capacity taproom shares a site with a custom-designed brewery and production site, and is located in Old Market, Bristol. Our vision is to create a destination venue which attracts and delights visitors from across the world, whilst remaining rooted in and providing a space for our local community.
We are thrilled to be looking for an experienced Assistant Manager to join the team ahead of the opening of our new venue in Old Market. Reporting to our Regional Taproom Manager, you will help support the team to ensure the site is ready for launch, and will play an essential role in ensuring that the taproom offers a first-rate experience to customers.
You will play a key role in supporting the running of our Old Market Taproom site, working as a key part of the team to deliver extraordinary customer service and an informative, engaging customer experience. Working closely with the Regional Taproom Manager, you and the team will strive to hit weekly sales targets, adapting and innovating to ensure growth is sustained. You will support the resourcing and training of the taproom team at our new site, and help to drive and run successful promotion and events to ensure the site runs at full capacity.
The successful candidate will be right at the forefront, delivering award winning beer, food and a world-class taproom experience to our amazing customers.
- Play a key role in the setup and opening of our new venue in Old Market
- Recruit and train core team to company standards, in preparation of the HQ launch
- Deliver an outstanding experience for our customers
- Support the development of an effective, cohesive & competent team
- Support the Regional Manager to plan and manage regular and bespoke events throughout the calendar year
- Working alongside the Marketing Manager, contribute to Taproom specific social media content
- Ensure both you and your teams serve beer to customers in a responsible way, whether drinking in or taking out
- Cellar management and dispense
- Ensure meticulous cleaning protocols are followed and all bar and customer areas are kept clean at all times, as well as instigate clear opening and closing procedures
- Adhere to and regularly review the health and safety and standard operating policies and procedures
- Ensure adherence to licensing conditions at all times
- Ensure that all reasonable care is taken for the health and safety of yourself, employees, guests and other persons on the premises
- Exceptional people skills
- Enjoy being part of a hard working, busy team
- Calm, professional and customer focused, even under pressure
- Organised and efficient with strong administrative skills
- Passionate about beer, food and flavours
- Collaborative, responsible and accountable
- Proactive and keen to contribute to the growth of the business
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
You must have:
- Previous supervisory/management position in a pub, bar or restaurant
- Knowledge of cellar dispense and line cleaning
- Proficiency in Excel/Numbers, Word/Pages and other computer packages
- A comfortable and confident manner with customers face to face
- A passion and understanding of beer
It would be good if you had:
- Cellar, dispense and tasting qualifications e.g. Cicerone
- First aider qualification
Why come and work for us?
Wiper and True is a brewery dedicated to making extraordinary beer and providing an extraordinary place to work and visit. Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes trust, inclusivity, team work and a continuous drive to improve and support each other.
Wiper and True is a registered Living Wage Employer and our benefits include pension, cycle to work and tech schemes, beer and merchandise allowance and family and friends discounts on products and at our taproom and opportunities for continuous professional development. Flexible and job share opportunities can be explored.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities, and those that are currently underrepresented in our workforce. This includes, but is not limited to, ethnically diverse candidates, candidates with disabilities, and female candidates.
Location: Based in our Old Market Taproom and Brewery.
Hours: Full time 37.5 hours per week our taproom opening hours are as follows:
Wednesday & Thursday 4-11pm
Friday & Saturday 12-12pm
Salary: From £25,000.00 per annum, depending on skills and experience.
Start Date: As soon as possible.
How to apply:
Please click on website link and follow the instructions on our vacancies page and you will be able to upload your CV. Please also include a cover letter to tell us, in approximately 300 words, why you think you would be the perfect person for Wiper and True and this role.
By submitting your application to Wiper and True you are agreeing that you have read and understood Wiper and True’s Privacy Notice for Job Applicants, which can be found here:
Closing date for applications: April 24th 2022
How to ApplyPlease apply via our website on the following link. https://wiperandtrue.peoplehr.net/Pages/JobBoard/Opening.aspx?v=daec2e4e-6921-4d22-9a06-3470d22d0e5a
303 total views, 0 today