Full-Time Systems Analyst
Close Date: 10/11/2023
Salary Range: $5,315 – $8,049 (monthly)
Location: Salem, OR / Remote
The Oregon Health Authority has a fantastic opportunity for (2) Systems Analysts to join an excellent team and work to advance their IT career. These are full-time permanent opportunities.
***100 % remote work available. If working remote, need to be located in the U.S.***
The Office of Information Service’s mission is to deliver technology solutions and services that support Oregon Health Authority and Oregon Department of Health Services in helping Oregonians achieve health, well-being, and independence. More information about the Office of Information Services and current job opportunities can be found here
What you will do!
As a Systems Analyst, you will be the guiding force behind the Office of Information Systems’ (OIS) technical trajectory, shaping our strategic direction and spearheading systems design and development. You’ll ensure that OHA and ODHS computer applications, ranging from Internet, Intranet, and Extranet to client-server, mainframe, and database solutions, flourish under your supervision.
In this dynamic role, you will be deeply involved in the coding process, from system planning to the design and development of both existing and new systems. Your expertise will be crucial in different projects involving OHA and ODHS, ensuring their design, development, and implementation adhere to our established policies, procedures, and standards.
As part of your responsibilities, you will contribute to the requirements gathering and feasibility analysis. Your knowledge and skills will be instrumental in creating and enhancing business database access software and applications. A significant part of your role will involve writing and debugging code, ensuring that our systems are efficient, robust, and reliable.
Working closely with other team members, you will help establish and fortify coding and testing practices that are not only robust but also repeatable. You will play an instrumental role in promoting best coding practices and a culture of continuous improvement within the team. You will also help ensure that the team’s work aligns with the overall project requirements and milestones.
Your technical insights will be valuable in generating compelling reports and presentations that clearly communicate our systems’ complexities and potentials. Your contributions will extend to project coordination, ensuring that projects are delivered on time and within budget.
Furthermore, your skills will be crucial in relation to Client Employed Provider (CEP) and Provider (SJM) applications and other APD-supported applications. You will be at the heart of critical technical functions, particularly in the development and modification of innovative Web-Service APIs (Application Programming Interfaces).
This is your chance to make a meaningful impact and elevate our technical operations. Seize the opportunity to be at the heart of our technical journey, leading our organization towards new technological heights.
What we are looking for:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: (Please clearly outline how you meet the minimum requirements in your application/resume/cover letter, failure to do so will remove you from consideration)
(a) Five (5) years of information systems experience in Mainframe Applications
(b) An Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, OR completion of a two (2) year accredited vocational training program in information technology or related field; AND three (3) years of information systems experience in Mainframe Applications
(c) A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field AND one (1) year of information systems experience in Mainframe Applications
- The person in this position should have an intermediate skill level with the concepts, methodologies, techniques, and tools of system development. This includes selecting and adapting, where necessary, appropriate tools and support methodologies for use by their team. The incumbent in this position will participate in the advancement of systems delivery concepts, methodologies, techniques, and tools.
- The system development environment has a mix of database management systems and distributed data with remote input and manipulation, multiple remote locations, a mixture of Information System standards and a significant amount of expansion or change to existing business processes. This position will need to adapt to the needs of the system development environment at all times.
- The position requires excellent communication skills and the ability to work with and facilitate diverse groups and individuals. This includes the ability to prioritize workloads and the ability to analyze complex procedures, processes, and policies. Basic project management knowledge is expected.
- The person, in this position, must have experience coordinating projects, with other Information System professionals, and write documentation according to established standards.
- This position requires the ability to use current generation personal computers with the flexibility to use and learn applications necessary to complete assigned tasks.
- Expertise in application support and development using COBOL, CICS, VSAM, SQL, EZ+ and DB2 in support of complex customer requirements is important.
- This position requires experience in the System Development Life Cycle methodology and experience estimating resources and schedules for complex system development efforts.
What’s in it for you?
- Medical, vision, and dental benefits
- 11 paid holidays
- 8 hours of vacation per month, eligible to be used after 6 months of service
- 8 hours of sick leave per month, eligible to be used as accrued
- 24 hours of personal business leave per fiscal year, eligible to be used after 6 months of service
- Pension and retirement programs
- Opportunity to potentially receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF)
- Continuous growth and development opportunities
- Opportunities to serve your community and make an impact through meaningful work
- A healthy work/life balance, including flexible schedules and hybrid work options for many positions
How to ApplyHow to Apply Please apply at the following link via Workday: https://oregon.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/SOR_External_Career_Site/job/Salem--OHA--Fairview-Industrial-Drive-3990/Systems-Analyst--Information-Systems-Specialist-6--Two-positions-available---Remote-and-Hybrid-work-options_REQ-114159-1 The Oregon Health Authority is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to workforce diversity.
41 total views, 1 today