Full-Time SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR – 31657
DEPARTMENT OF TECHNOLOGY SERVICES (DOTS)
235 work days
Salary Range: $67,338-$81,487
Essential Functions and Objectives:
Develop and design the enterprise environment for all Apple devices in Denver Public Schools. Provide supplemental support across other enterprise solutions including – Windows, iOS, Chrome, and Android operating systems and applications on the District’s enterprise systems. Deploys the release of new technologies. Designs, installs, configures, maintains and performs system integration testing of Apple, PC, Linux/server operating systems, related utilities and hardware. Ensures that the systems perform effectively and efficiently at all times.
– Install and maintain Mac operating systems; establish and maintain a stable and responsible environment for production, test and development landscapes.
– Build the physical software environments; provide technical guidance during all phases of development.
– Provide problem identification and resolution expertise for Mac computers and other operating system environments.
– Monitor ongoing systems, application and software operations. Manage troubleshooting of server problems reported by users.
– Assess and implement new data processing techniques, software packages and equipment.
– Recommend, plan for, and implement operating and application systems modifications, upgrades and new releases.
-Develop, maintain and report performance metrics on a weekly basis.
– Write shell scripts and SQL statements as necessary.
– Ensure that appropriate systems backups and standard recovery and disaster recovery procedures are operational.
– Develop and maintain all related documentation to support job functions.
– Develop roadmap, lifecycle, and support plan for all computer device hardware, operating systems, and enterprise software.
– Train Field Support team on standard configurations.
– Provide new Mac hardware specifications to users based on application needs and anticipated growth.
– Work with hardware and software vendors to address issues and solve problems.
– Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
– Typically has three (3) to five (5) years of IT work experience with a focus on Apple Support.
– Apple Certified Macintosh Technician (ACMT) preferred.
– Requires a high level of expertise in multiple systems environments.
– Experience handling confidential information with a high degree of integrity.
– Skillful attention to detail and accuracy.
– Proven experience and skills to quickly learn new systems and applications.
– Experience troubleshooting, isolating and diagnosing problems.
– Must have a systems administrator level understanding of and experience managing LANDesk, AirWatch, and Google Management Console.
– Applicable Systems Administration Certification preferred.
– Ability to converse in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
– Ability to discuss issues at a technical or non-technical level, depending on the audience.
– Ability to work effectively with staff at all levels, in all departments.
– Ability to contribute to a positive and cohesive DoTS team.
– Ability to read and interpret relevant manuals and information and to understand and troubleshoot a variety of programming techniques.
– Ability to interpret, adapt and occasionally deviate from established practices and procedures for new situations and problems.
– Ability to work independently, make decisions and complete assignments.
– Ability to plan, prioritize and organize project work, at times with interruptions.
– Operate and use general office equipment and supplies, telephones, personal computers, related software and equipment (e.g., printer).
– Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field.
The mission of the DPS Department of Technology Services (DoTS) is to be a proactive partner enabling the success of every child. We support the students, families, and staff of Denver Public Schools by providing the infrastructure, tools, data, and support to enable effective educators and efficient operations. Our leading-edge technology work includes delivering custom portals for our students, parents, teachers, and administrators, managing one of the largest networks in the state of Colorado, providing unparalleled levels of customer support, finding new ways to get technology in the hands of our students, and much more. We believe that technology is a positive, enabling force for parent engagement, student engagement, educator effectiveness, operational efficiency, student safety, and student achievement. By joining us, you too will be enabling the success of every child!
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Tom Boasberg and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
How to Applyhttp://tinyurl.com/ycvdjx97
58 total views, 2 today