Full-Time System Technician
At Cable One and our family of brands, we keep our customers and associates connected to what matters most. For our associates, that means: a thriving and rewarding career, respect for the communities where they live and work, a focus on health and wellness, an excellent work/life balance, and an open and inclusive workplace.
Performs commercial and residential installations, completes repairs, terminates service, and relocates existing equipment. Uses electronic equipment to troubleshoot, diagnose and complete all repairs in the HFC network.
What you will do to contribute to the company’s success
Set forth below is a list of the essential duties and responsibilities (or “essential functions”) of this position.
- Performs all of the essential duties and responsibilities of the Field Technician (refer to job description for job code 704) and Senior Field Technician (refer to job description for job code 709).
- Troubleshoot and diagnose malfunctions and effect repairs in one or more of the following areas: the HFC network and Home Terminal Units (HTUs)
- Uses electronic test equipment to troubleshoot customer service drops or outlets, diagnose and repair reception performance issues, and resolve all problems from the customer-owned equipment to the node.
- Trains new Field, Senior Technicians as directed by the Technical Operations Manager.
Other duties and/or responsibilities not specifically set forth above may, however, be assigned as needed. Whenever practicable and, in accordance with legal guidelines, reasonable accommodation[s] will be made to enable an otherwise qualified individual with a disability to perform the essential functions of the position.
To be qualified for this position, an individual is required to perform all essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. In addition, set forth below is a non-exhaustive list of requirements that are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability necessary to perform this position. Whenever practicable and, in accordance with legal guidelines, reasonable accommodation[s] will be made to enable an otherwise qualified individual with a disability to perform the essential functions of the position.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Must meet all the education/experience requirements of a Senior Field Technician and have one-year certificate from college or technical school; or six to seven years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must successfully complete NCTI Fiber Testing and Maintenance course and Cable One Technical Training Center system technician course for position.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of organization. Ability to read and learn about new and existing services to better serve our customers’ technical and sales needs.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs to solve advanced drop, splitter, tap, and HFC network problems.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to use RF meters, VOM, and other related equipment to interpret data. Use information to solve problems and determine optimal routing of drops, feeder, trunk, and fiber.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must possess a valid driver’s license of the state in which the individual is employed
- Committed: Values each and every customer, while working hard to keep their business and support our communities.
- Helpful: Delivers support in the ways that are most useful to our customers and addresses their needs with expertise, respect, and empathy.
- Proactive: Understand what our customers need, and actively works to make their relationship with use seamless, easy, and rewarding.
- Personal: Knows our customers well, and tailors our communications and interactions to address their needs and expectations.
Cable One and our family of brands appreciates the role our associates play to help the company grow, and in return an excellent benefits package is offered to our associates to recognize the importance of their contributions, such as:
- Medical, dental, and vision plans – start when you start!
- Life insurance (self, spouse, children)
- Paid time off (vacation, holiday, and personal/sick days)
- 401(k) – 100% company match (match program starts after 1 year of service, up to 5% of eligible compensation)
- Group Legal plan with Identity Theft Protection
- Tuition reimbursement (up to $5,250 on 1st year)
- Free services if you live within a servicing area
- Annual community support to various organizations across the U.S.
- Associate recognition & awards programs
- Advancement opportunities
- Collaborative work environment
We’re an Award-Winning Organization!
- 2022 Forbes’ “America’s Best Midsized Employers”
Diversity lies in the communities we serve and among the associates who dedicate themselves to ensure our continued success. Here at Cable One and our family of brands, we believe it is our individual and unique talents, backgrounds, and perspectives that, when combined, truly make us an unstoppable force. “Stronger Together” is not just a verbal cue, it is the motto that our associates live by, exemplify, and embody each and every day.
Cable One and our family of brands is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
Cable One and our family of brands is committed to keeping our associates and customers safe. Job offers are contingent upon the results of background, drug screening, and reference check. Only after successfully passing these pre-hire clearances are individuals approved for hire and ready to start their successful and rewarding career.
How to ApplyPlease apply directly to our website: https://cableone.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/Cable_One_External_Careers/job/Nampa-ID/McCall-Technician-posting_R-101213
429 total views, 0 today