Full-Time Surgical Administrative Coordinator
As an integral part of the Division of Urology you will coordinate surgical procedures for one or more Surgeon’s practice. You will also provide administrative support, for the Surgeon(s) and the Division, which will have an impact on multiple functions and departments.
Here’s What You’ll Love:
- A focus on employee wellness with our new Staff Health and Well-being Strategy. Self-care helps us support others.
- A hospital that welcomes and focuses on Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion.
- A flexible remote hybrid work environment.
The opportunity to make an impact. Regardless of your role or professional interest, you’ll be making a difference at SickKids and contributing to our vision of Healthier Children. A Better World.
Here’s What You Will Get to Do:
- Coordinate patient surgical procedures and complex schedules with accuracy and timeliness;
- Confirm all required pre-operative appointments and tests are completed before the surgery date;
- Ensure procedures are booked within acceptable Priority Access windows. This may require rescheduling existing procedures as circumstances dictate;
- Review various hospital surgical booking systems to ensure accuracy;
- Maintain accurate surgical waitlists;
- Liaise with families and patients, other departments, or health care providers, via telephone, in person, by email and/or mail to ensure patient is prepared for day of surgery;
- Assist in the scheduling of patients for pre-anesthesia screening and confirming completion of screening before day of surgery;
- Communicate impending surgical booking changes quickly and efficiently to fully utilize OR time and appropriately coordinate surgical resources;
- Coordinate Operating Room (OR) scheduling around in-patient and Operative Intensive Care Unit (OICU) bed availability;
- Book patient beds post-operatively (both internally and at external sites).
- Develop strong relationships and communicate with multiple-level contacts across several portfolios and throughout the Hospital to exchange/ report/analyze moderately complex information;
- Independently respond and collaborate with other areas to problem-solve/resolve conflicts and roadblocks, and independently or collaboratively propose solutions to ensure patients are treated as prioritized and within acceptable Access windows;
- Maintain exceptional rapport with external contacts such as: patients, families, equipment vendors, other hospital sites, Children’s Aid Society, and Health Canada to respond to time-sensitive issues;
- Respond to patient and family questions and concerns in a timely fashion.
- Maintain Surgeon’s calendar; schedule and confirm appointments, anticipate time conflicts, and use judgement to reschedule meetings or appointments according to changes in priority;
- Arrange meetings with various multi-level attendees; organize meeting rooms, catering, audio visual and equipment as required;
- Prepare and distribute meeting agendas and minutes;
- Coordinate Surgeon’s practice calendar; cancelling and adjusting clinics to match surgeon schedule;
- Coordinate and oversee projects from draft to implementation/completion;
- Process expense and credit card reimbursements;
- Provide ongoing support and coverage for other Coordinators within the Division.
Here’s What You Will Need:
- Administrative experience, preferably in a health care setting;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment with many interruptions and multiple priorities;
- Highly developed analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality;
- Proven ability to prioritize work in an efficient and organized manner;
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated elevated level of judgment, tact, and diplomacy in interacting with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders;
- Ability to work well independently, as well as in a team environment;
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail;
- Self-motivation and ability to be proactive.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in business or office administration or related field;
- Strong knowledge and proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Knowledge of medical terminology and experience using EMR systems; and/or other healthcare systems
Employment Type: 1 Year Contract with modified benefits (i.e., health and dental).
How to ApplyTo apply, please visit The Hospital for Sick Children's (SickKids) website: https://career.sickkids.ca:8001/psc/CRPRD/CAREER/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=18579&PostingSeq=1
188 total views, 1 today