Full-Time Strategic Planning Specialist (Remote)
Strategic Planning Specialist
Coordinate the global strategy to transform the food system
The Good Food Institute (GFI) is at the forefront of the movement to use food technology and markets to solve some of the world’s biggest problems, from climate change and global hunger to antibiotic resistance and the exploitation of billions of animals annually.
How You Will Make a Difference
In this role, you will ensure that all GFI activities are implemented as effectively and efficiently as possible by providing high-level strategy and project planning, coordination, and execution support to the Executive team. This will include ensuring that priorities are well-coordinated and aligned across departments, all projects are well-planned, progress toward goals are tracked and reported, the effectiveness of strategies are evaluated, and any necessary course corrections are implemented. For purposes of this job description, “project” is generally synonymous with our action items within the Objectives, Key Results, and Actions (OKRA) framework. The Strategic Planning Specialist will be responsible for:
- Working with the Chief of Staff to coordinate the planning, revision, and execution of GFI’s global strategy within the OKRA framework on a quarterly and annual basis by acting as a liaison across U.S. departments and international affiliate teams.
- Collaborating with GFI departments to establish, track, and report on quantitative and qualitative metrics of progress toward organizational goals, including the development of effective proxy metrics for progress toward goals that cannot be measured directly.
- Developing compelling presentations to highlight key strategy learnings and making recommendations to GFI leadership.
- Supporting GFI’s Global Committees by organizing meetings, taking and distributing meeting minutes, and overseeing follow-up with internal stakeholders within the OKRA framework.
- Representing the Executive team on the Web Governance Committee and coordinating with affiliate teams to ensure GFI’s global presence is appropriately communicated to our key external stakeholders.
- Identifying gaps between the objectives of the strategic plan and execution and working with appropriate staff to make necessary adjustments.
- Identifying high-impact opportunities within the existing strategic plan and bringing them to the Executive team for consideration.
- Serving as a Salesforce Super User for the Executive team, including participating in Salesforce reporting and assisting affiliates with data management as needed.
- Providing high-level Asana project support and general training and guidance on the system to Executive Team and affiliate staff.
- Providing analytical support to the Executive department and international affiliates as well as back-up support to the Executive Team Assistant as needed.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Who We’re Looking For
The Strategic Planning Specialist must have:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of three years’ work experience in project management.
- Exceptional research and analysis skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven strategic planning and execution skills.
- Interest in, functional understanding of, and ability to speak to both the business and science sides of GFI’s work.
- Comfort working remotely and in a rapidly growing and evolving organization.
- Support for GFI’s philosophy and ability to professionally advocate for GFI’s positions.
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Experience establishing and measuring Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), especially within OKR (Objectives and Key Results) systems.
- PMP certification.
We want the best people and we don’t want biases holding us back. We strongly encourage people of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability to apply. Because we value a diverse workplace, we prioritize an inclusive climate absent of discrimination and harassment during the application process and after you join the team.
The Fine Print
- Terms of employment: Full-time, exempt
- Reports to: Sanah Baig, Chief of Staff
- Location: Remote; United States
- Benefits: Working from home, full medical coverage, optional dental and vision packages, a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match, flexible holiday and vacation plans, opportunity for advancement, respectful managers, and supportive colleagues.
- This is a U.S.-based position: We are only able to consider applicants who are United States citizens or who already possess a United States Worker Visa.
- Salary: $53,000-$60,000
Application Deadline: September 8, 2019
How to ApplyPlease apply online at https://grnh.se/594dcc0f2
60 total views, 1 today