Full-Time Staff Writer – MLB
FanSided is looking for its next professional fan!
We are looking for a creative-minded MLB expert who thrives in an exciting, fast-paced environment to join our FanSided editorial team as a Staff Writer.
As a Staff Writer, you will produce quality content across multiple MLB network sites. Your primary goal will be to yield a high number of readers with daily content. You will do this by posting multiple articles per day that include viral trending topics, opinion pieces, long-form lists, and more. You’ll also monitor analytics to pick up on trends and ensure informative, entertaining, and timely content is delivered to readers.
What you’ll do:
- Write 16-20 articles per week with an emphasis on well-crafted multi-page features. Copies should be clean, interesting, and engaging.
- Be in the know on major storylines surrounding popular players and teams, and use that knowledge to produce intriguing content quickly.
- Use existing knowledge and research abilities to produce quality assigned content and generate your own content ideas.
- Collaborate with your fellow editors and team leaders to create content that’s optimized for search engines (SEO).
- Complete assignments from editors based on editorial needs, with the goal of maximizing real-time traffic, hitting projected team goals, and executing content strategy.
- Be a great teammate – support your fellow editors, assume positive intent, and approach your work with enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
Where you’ll be:
- We follow a remote-first approach to give you more options!
The expected salary range for this position is between $40,000 and $45,000. Actual pay will be determined based on skills, experience, and location. The benefits available for this position include flexible vacation policy, 15 paid holidays, paid parental leave, health insurance, 401(k) retirement plan.
What You Have
- 1+ years of digital sports editorial writing experience with basic knowledge of SEO and passionate love of MLB. Your fandom isn’t seasonal – it’s year-round.
- Extensive knowledge of MLB, including current trends and viral issues, history, and players/events that generate buzz.
- A confident voice. Pitch relevant stories to editors for approval by keeping your finger on the pulse of the fan conversation.
- Strong communication skills. Whether brainstorming new ideas, asking questions, or discussing content strategies, you’re always eager to share with others.
- Ambition. You are always on the lookout for new ideas and innovative ways to achieve your goals.
- Agility. You have the ability to quickly brainstorm, produce, and edit clean and interesting analyses on a variety of trending viral topics multiple times a day in a timely manner.
- Ability to multitask. You have the ability to prioritize different objectives utilizing a content plan while also having the flexibility to cover necessary breaking news stories outside its confines.
- Adaptability. You know working in sports means sometimes needing to work nights and weekends, especially during the season and big events.
Not sure that you’re 100% qualified but are up for the challenge? We want you to apply!
Minute Media is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Check the URL and email address of any correspondence with Minute Media. If it is not from @minutemedia.com, treat it as fraudulent. To learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud click here.
About the team
FanSided, a brand of Minute Media, is one of the fastest growing networks of fandom-focused sports, entertainment and lifestyle sites on the internet. FanSided consists of a thriving collection of more than 300 communities dedicated to bringing together fans to share their common passions. For more information, check out https://fansided.com/
How to ApplyPlease apply directly on our website at www.minutemedia.com/careers, or by going directly to the job ad here: https://www.comeet.com/jobs/minutemedia/45.00A/staff-writer---mlb/73.E35
49 total views, 1 today