If you want to be a key part of establishing and growing a large, global cloud and data analytics organization, then this opportunity may be for you. Teradata Corporation is a leader in delivering high power analytics to companies driving improved results and transformational capabilities. We are enabling customers to maximize their cloud opportunities.
The Security Engineer will leverage broad technical knowledge of the security practices of key public cloud offerings of providers such as Amazon Web Services, Azure or Google to ensure Teradata solutions are designed and implemented to the highest security standards thus maintaining and enhancing customer trust.
The Security Engineer is a highly technical security subject matter expert and will work in conjunction with Teradata Cloud Architects and Senior Developers to ensure Teradata Cloud security and compliance. The Security Engineer is also focused on enabling secure Teradata Cloud deployments including identity & access management implementation, third-party software integration, incident management capabilities, system hardening requirements, and security requirements development for our development teams.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Ownership of security architecture and implementation for Teradata as-a-Service offering
• Ensure a highly secure, compliant cloud computing architecture
• Contribute and maintain STRIDE based threat model documentation
• Contribute to security standards to be implemented by development teams
• Develop solutions to automate security functions
• Configure, troubleshoot and maintain security infrastructure software and hardware such as IAM (PAM/PKI/Vault), Security logging, vulnerability scanners, IDS/IPS, etc.
• Identify and remediate system and / or software vulnerabilities via software and Infrastructure as Code.
• Ensure adherence to standard regulatory and compliance requirements by overseeing regular 3rd party security audits and penetration testing
• Learn and evolve continuously with the fast-changing cloud marketplace
• Understand customer base data security needs and applicable standard compliance requirements, and help design solutions fulfilling those requirements
• 7+ years of demonstrated information security, risk management & compliance experience
• 3+ years of experience with cloud compliance and/or common industry security standards
• Experience with securing enterprise applications on public cloud platforms
• Experience with cloud privileges, tenant isolation, and RBAC solutions at enterprise scale
• 7+ years development experience in Go, Python, Terraform, or equivalent technologies.
• Experience with RESTful Microservices in the cloud
• Experience with container technologies such as Kubernetes and Docker
• Understanding of industry regulatory and compliance requirements (i.e., FedRAMP, PCI-DSS, NIST, HIPAA)
• Demonstrated capability to design secure systems on public / hybrid cloud as well as secure solutions for data in transit
• Technical experience working on database technologies
• Experience with the application of threat modeling or other risk identification techniques
• Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
• Industry certifications such as CISSP or CCSP preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills