Full-Time Staff Associate Construction
Lane Powell has 140 years of experience serving as a strategic business advisor and legal counsel to premier public and private companies. A preeminent litigation firm, Lane Powell represents clients in the Northwest and nationally in dispute resolution ranging from arbitration to complex litigation and class actions. Synonymous with excellence and innovation, Lane Powell’s attorneys bring to their work a spirit of entrepreneurialism that is reflected in a client roster that includes some of the most venerable – and dynamic – companies and individuals in business today.
The Seattle office seeks an experienced non-partner track staff associate to assist our construction and design litigation practice with negotiating and drafting contracts, handling significant construction claims and litigation, including defense of architects and engineers in professional errors and omissions cases, and representation of owners, developers, and contractors in large scale construction litigation and arbitration disputes.
Successful candidates will have strong academic credentials, an understanding of Washington construction law, and excellent oral and written communication skills. We offer a competitive salary and a uniquely collegial environment where you will be part of a cooperative and supportive team.
• Litigation: Successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of construction claims and litigation, involving both private and public projects, in litigation or alternative dispute resolution. Litigation may include, but not be limited to, issues such as defective specifications, professional negligence/malpractice, government procurement, differing site conditions and claim notice provisions. Experience should include taking and defending fact and expert witness depositions, litigation and claim strategy, handling extensive document and electronic discovery, drafting and arguing various legal motions, and trial and/or arbitration experience.
• Washington State Bar membership
• Six years’ experience handling construction litigation and associated claims
• Experience handling cases in state and federal court
• Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently
• Ability to handle a variety of matters simultaneously to meet client demands
• Excellent research, writing, communication, and interpersonal skills
Lane Powell PC is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications for employment from qualified individuals of diverse backgrounds. If you need reasonable accommodations to apply for any position, please let us know. All employment decisions, practices and procedures are carried out without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, political ideology, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or any other applicable legally protected status. This policy applies to all personnel activities including employment, promotion, transfer, compensation and termination.
How to ApplyCandidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Principals only.
50 total views, 1 today